2023/24 Ben Godfrey

Ben was immense last night. That goal line clearance sent us up a gear....when most of us thought it was on its way in. Made up for him showing what hes capable of on a rare night when our pieces fitted perfectly.
He's got that in his locker, has done it a few times this season, and an honest pro who'd run through a brick wall for you.
If only he had any ability on the ball 😕

He's done well this season people have got on his back for not a lot but he's looked a lot more like the player he was in his first season than he has for the last couple of years I don't think he's ever going to be great but theres much bigger problems in the squad than him.

He's done well this season people have got on his back for not a lot but he's looked a lot more like the player he was in his first season than he has for the last couple of years I don't think he's ever going to be great but theres much bigger problems in the squad than him.
His problem is that he can put together good defensive performances like yesterday, but he offers even less than nothing going forward and he is a liability defending crosses in our box. For a team that doesn't score, when his man scores on a header, it magnifies the scrutiny on him. Unfortunately, I just don't think there is a clear position for him to thrive.

His problem is that he can put together good defensive performances like yesterday, but he offers even less than nothing going forward and he is a liability defending crosses in our box. For a team that doesn't score, when his man scores on a header, it magnifies the scrutiny on him. Unfortunately, I just don't think there is a clear position for him to thrive.
His runs forward with the ball can be effective going forward he's fast and strong he's probably better than anyone else we have at carrying the ball 60 yards forward which is a start. I agree he isn't really a full back or a centre half but for a team like us having someone who can fill in in both every now and again isn't a bad thing.