2022/23 Ben Godfrey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely sell alongside Keane and Holgate. I know this won't happen, but neither one of them are anywhere near good enough... just compare them to Tarkowski. And Holgate and Godfrey should never be known as versatile players as they're crap at full back. Sell all three.

Had such a good first season under Ancelotti, looked athletic and had powers of recovery.

The way he was skinned against Newcastle was embarrassing though I've got a feeling he was injured at that point but decided not to tell anyone.

He's regressed though and not kicked on. He's another footballer who unfortunately can't actually play football. Dreadful with the ball at his feet

It's imperative we move on the likes of him, Holgate, Keane and Davies this summer.

I’m not sure who’s worse between Godfrey, Keane, and Holgate. Just keep whoever is on the lowest wage as a backup and bin the other two. They’re all liabilities.
If we have to keep one it has to be Godfrey as unless we get a fee of over 10/11 million It will impact on the FFP.
Holgate we can show a profit and Keane would be a profit over 5m.

He is what he is, a lower league player. There is a bit of something there but it's not PL level and tbh I'm not even sure it's Championship level.
He’s had some decent games at times like Holgate,thought he was excellent at City last season up against Haaland,also the Covid derby at the pit,but too inconsistent at this level,can’t rely on him.

Not a prem player, same as Holgate and Keane. Somehow Carlo managed to squeeze some kind of performance out of all of them, whilst we played some of the most depressing football ever. Decent fee and I’d get him gone.

Holgate's the only one likely to move you suspect, not sure if that Sheffield United link has died out now but should be a few clubs interested in the championship.

Keane and Holgate are going to play a fair bit in the early months of the season you suspect.

Few times today the wigan player dropped his shoulder and Godfrey bought it and was so flat footed.
Nothing to do with pre season. He'll be like it half way through the season aswell.
Nothings changed. I like his attitude. He cant defend though. And its been that way since day 1. An awful 25m outlay.

Status
Not open for further replies.