2022/23 Ben Godfrey

Status
Not open for further replies.

there was a reason why no one else was stupid enough to bid over 20 mil for a norwich player who helped his team get relegated by shipping goals on a regular basis

-49 goal difference and 75 goals conceded

….I admit to thinking he’d be a good signing for us. We needed pace, aggression & physicality in central defence and I thought he’d provide it. He started well and got himself one ot two full England caps but I admit he’s been a disappointment. Indeed, when he played for England I thought he looked very uncomfortable in possession, a fish out of water.

He’s been even worst since returning from the broken leg.

I know it is only bolton, but he plays better at cb than full back where he had a bad performance against similar opposition in Wigan.

….I admit to thinking he’d be a good signing for us. We needed pace, aggression & physicality in central defence and I thought he’d provide it. He started well and got himself one ot two full England caps but I admit he’s been a disappointment. Indeed, when he played for England I thought he looked very uncomfortable in possession, a fish out of water.

Not the same after covid

Not the same after covid
The effects on the mind of the body's betrayal can be profound, especially for younger athletes. Someone like Federer who loses half a step didn't reach the top without having the mental fortitude to find a way, over time. For a lot of young footballers, it's the first time they've ever had to sled uphill in that way. The more their game was about pace, the more the mountain to climb starts to look like Everest.

magine if we also bought max aarons. thats half of that terrible norwich defence

Status
Not open for further replies.