2021/22 Ben Godfrey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Understand what you are saying but hindsight is a great thing. If he passed to the right and it didn't come off then the groans would ring out that he didn't take the shot. There is always an alternative when the outcome didn't work out. It is only win win if it results in a goal
They are not great shooting positions for a centre back . It also has him way out of position for the counter. Aside from kompany don't think I've ever seen a cb score from that sort of distance.

I'd much rather the cb took the pass and wasn't there to start with. Especially when he's being played out of position to start with.

They are not great shooting positions for a centre back . It also has him way out of position for the counter. Aside from kompany don't think I've ever seen a cb score from that sort of distance.

I'd much rather the cb took the pass and wasn't there to start with. Especially when he's being played out of position to start with.
Rush of blood.....some of them get carried away

Understand what you are saying but hindsight is a great thing. If he passed to the right and it didn't come off then the groans would ring out that he didn't take the shot. There is always an alternative when the outcome didn't work out. It is only win win if it results in a goal
No the process matters and having pops from 25 yards when passes into the box are on is objectively the wrong way to go about scoring. That's not just a Godfrey thing btw. Basically the whole team makes poor decisions in key areas.

No the process matters and having pops from 25 yards when passes into the box are on is objectively the wrong way to go about scoring. That's not just a Godfrey thing btw. Basically the whole team makes poor decisions in key areas.
if he scored would you have roasted him and said he should have passed. Like I say hindsight

I can just imagine you in the Park End amongst the limbs with a red face screaming " Should of passed it you f***ing [Poor language removed]"
It's not like I don't celebrate goals in the moment but a club that knows what it is doing watches the game back and doesn't focus on whether the 35 yard shot went in when deciding what the right decision to make next time is. We're weeks removed. We can acknowledge that that shot is the one time out of a whole bunch of attempts it worked. It's poor attacking play and we're paying for it right now. Anyway bad thread for this but the guy is right Godfrey needs to stop having pops.

Status
Not open for further replies.