2021/22 Ben Godfrey

Status
Not open for further replies.
The difference in his and Keane's performance today is they were much quicker to step up, anticipate and close down on any pass that came near them instead of being passive and allowing the attacker time to receive the ball. Much more assured and hopefully this is the benchmark they perform at moving forward.

Think he will be fine once he gets back to his pre-covid fitness levels. Clearly relies on his physical attributes a lot (albeit arguably too much) and lost all confidence when they plummeted after getting covid. Looked a lot more like his old self yesterday.

Yeah he was really dodgy whenever he played at centre back last season, pre-Covid.

If he improves the one thing i do like is i think he genuinely wants to be a winner.
Im not looking to much into spurs. Bar norwich they are the lowest scorers in the league.
Some real tests coming up in the run up to christmas.
I pray for this Everton defence. They're gona need it.

He needs to stop this bursting run out of position topped off with a shot like he's wearing flip-flops.

There was a good option to the right side today.
Understand what you are saying but hindsight is a great thing. If he passed to the right and it didn't come off then the groans would ring out that he didn't take the shot. There is always an alternative when the outcome didn't work out. It is only win win if it results in a goal

Now that was a as tackle to make a point or ‘retribution’ as it was later described by commentators . I think we can agree you definitely wouldn’t get away with it in 2021 even without VAR .
Reidy had one go at maiming him and missed but got him a few seconds later with another double-footed OTT tackle.

Status
Not open for further replies.