2021/22 Ben Godfrey

Status
Not open for further replies.
The players are always going on about the exact positions that Benitez wants them in during games - he’ll stop training to go and move a player a yard to the left or right.

And then Godfrey is about 20 yards too far over for that third goal? Strange.
Fitness he hasn't got the pace right now. He's had covid and very little preseason will take him a while...

Nah I have never been much of a fan of Holgate and certainly never have wanted him as captain mate, I can appreciate his pace but he has such major lapses in concentration that I can't take to him. Godfrey is a good defender imo and he backed that up with numbers last season, his issue is that positionally he gets caught out at times because he thinks his pace will get him out of trouble then it does'nt. He would do well playing along side someone with a bit more experience who can show him where to be, I don't see him learning much from Keane/Mina tbh.

Mina and Godfrey are our best partnership right now I think. But circumstance has made it hard for them to play together

Would be peak Everton that if he's the one player in world football who has Long Covid if its true he had it.

Certainly doesn't look anywhere near fit.

Someone tell me what im missing. Even at CB and fully fit there are quite a few errors. He's quick but still very Norwich city to me.
Im going with the potential. Have to.

Someone tell me what im missing. Even at CB and fully fit there are quite a few errors. He's quick but still very Norwich city to me.
Im going with the potential. Have to.
Almost 24 years old in the new year, still talking potential?

He still hasn't nailed down his true position at the club, is he a RB or is he a CB.

Needs to play against QPR and get playing in that RB position as second nature.

Benitez wont have him near CD. He either gets it right at RB or he's struggling to start here.

I happen to think he did very well at RB yesterday before Digne's series of bollocks destroyed the composure of the whole team and made everyone look positionally clueless.

Benitez wont have him near CD. He either gets it right at RB or he's struggling to start here.

I happen to think he did very well at RB yesterday before Digne's series of bollocks destroyed the composure of the whole team and made everyone look positionally clueless.
Why did we let two left backs leave ? When Godfrey struggled at right back - he will certainly struggle at left back?

The fact you are probably right about Benitez nor wanting to play him at CB is more evidence Benitez is the wrong man for the job. Our CBs should be Mina and Godfrey. If Mina is unavailable bring Keane in if Godfrey is unavailable bring Holgate in. Any CB partnership needs time to get an understanding last season and this its been an ever revolving door.

Status
Not open for further replies.