2021/22 Ben Godfrey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously we don’t pay attention as closely to other clubs, but is any other fan base blaming a players appalling performances on having had Covid??

Haha. I doubt it.
Its a bit like the alex iwobi thread in months gone by on here. Every excuse under the sun.
There is no possibilty he might not just be good enough.
I refrained from saying sh!te there. Im feeling generous.

Some utter utter bull being chatted over this thread.
Last season he threw himself into everything.
This season he’s had to deal with having Covid.
He’s clearly not fit. And when you are blowing out of your backside your brain doesn’t work as it should. Hence the errors.

he shouldn’t be in the team. Because he’s clearly not right. But he’s still trying to put a shift in which is more than can be said for some others.

He’s clearly not fit. And when you are blowing out of your backside your brain doesn’t work as it should. Hence the errors.

he shouldn’t be in the team. Because he’s clearly not right. But he’s still trying to put a shift in which is more than can be said for some others.
Does Covid19 stop him heading the ball?

Sadly think COVID has finished him.

Miles off the same player - looks physically spent.

Throwing yourself into everything doesnt make you a good defender. I think people gave him credit for his attitude when he came in and rightly so. But he was making mistakes last season aswell.
The bottom line is if regular errors are costing goals then you'll eventualy have to be replaced.
Some dont like it because they had already put him on a pedestal as this great defender.
The reality is he wasnt.
Its by no means done for him. But if his errors and at times headless chicken displays continue then he's more of a liabilty than anything.

I think the lad needs taking out of the firing line I think last year showed his potential but his form and fitness are clearly no where near. The issue is also that he is our back up at both full back positions so shunting him everywhere to fill in holes in our squad isn't helping him.

Obviously we don’t pay attention as closely to other clubs, but is any other fan base blaming a players appalling performances on having had Covid??
Depends if you take COVID seriously I suppose. We know people can have very different outcomes from COVID, we know ethnicity plays a part. And there is increasing evidence of neurological damage...

Myself his biggest negative is being versatile and not getting settled in a position in the back line.

He got covid before young lads had been double jabbed though didn’t he? I’m 33 and feel like I hadn’t even been double jabbed before the season

Calum Robinson at West Brom , had Covid second time in August, not been able to complete a full game since and also publicly admitted he not had jabs and not thinking of having it.

Status
Not open for further replies.