2021/22 Ben Godfrey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never got the hype. Right back to his debut. Raw but i thought well he'll settle in. He hasnt. Even when he was supposedly being great i didnt see it. Errors galore. He cant do the basics of defending. He's not technically that good. On his day he's a pacy athlete.
He is a NORWICH CITY level defender.

Never got the hype. Right back to his debut. Raw but i thought well he'll settle in. He hasnt. Even when he was supposedly being great i didnt see it. Errors galore. He cant do the basics of defending. He's not technically that good. On his day he's a pacy athlete.
He is a NORWICH CITY level defender.
The hype was based on his attitude and everyone else being awful.

I’d play him RB. That simple for me he looks better at fullback and based on Coleman’s performances that should be done ASAP.
Poor mistake for the goal but other than that he didn’t have that bad of a game. Played a part in the equaliser.

He needs time out of the side - its not helping him being shoved into every position across the back four but he’s bereft of any confidence and needs shed loads of work on his positioning, body shape, decision making. Lot of work needed on the training ground

There is only so much some people can blame the virus for the way he plays, as you cant defend like that for the 2nd goal and so on, he looked a little wrecked and sweating like mad after about 7mins-should be doing so much better

I’d play him RB. That simple for me he looks better at fullback and based on Coleman’s performances that should be done ASAP.
Poor mistake for the goal but other than that he didn’t have that bad of a game. Played a part in the equaliser.
He played RB in the cup against Spurs, his best blue shirt performance to date

Shocking mistake granted but i actually think it's the type of mistake that can happen to any player at some point.

Never good enough aerially or positionally to play centre back but I still think he's a potentially useful full back option - thought he looked a bit more lively second half tonight though still not up to the standard he was at full back last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.