2021/22 Ben Godfrey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thankfully.

Keane is shocking. Godfrey is a man mountain. Holgate was not the issue in my opinion.
Holgate was bullied by Adams, in the air, on the ground, with the ball. Totally bullied. Have to disagree - Keane was responsible for his error but Holgate was just as unconvincing imo
It’s a shame too because a few seasons ago he looked as if he’s really kicked on

Holgate was bullied by Adams, in the air, on the ground, with the ball. Totally bullied. Have to disagree - Keane was responsible for his error but Holgate was just as unconvincing imo
It’s a shame too because a few seasons ago he looked as if he’s really kicked on
I thought Holgate was going to be a top CB but the mental side of his game seems to have gone to pot. I remember telling people to get off his back because he made an error in a friendly just before last season and saying how he’s fine being tuned out in a nothing match as long as it doesn’t creep into his real performances, sadly last season it did.

Godfrey on the other hand, looks outstanding and has freakish pace which will bail us out of a lot of sticky situations. I’m sure Godfrey will still make a few mistakes this season but he’ll also save us goals the way peak Seamus used to where he would suddenly appear making a last ditch tackle or clearance.

In 2017 Holgate was a ball playing CB according to Evertonians. In 2020 we finally dropped it. Takes about 3 years for whatever reason.
I didn't say Godfrey was a ball player but he handles the ball decently and has rapid recovery that's important against a side like Leeds. Godfrey isn't the finished article he switches off too much at times but he can still develop.

Status
Not open for further replies.