2021/22 Ben Godfrey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plus he's suffering badly with Covid - maybe long term Covid - that's why only two teams entered that South American cup - Arsenal & Real Madrid withdrew .....
Plus, some footballers are refusing the covid vaccination .....?

So we knew all this and still didn't bring anyone in at right back. In fact we weakened left back too... Bizarre!

It used to be a thing a few years ago that all young centre backs would start out at full back to learn about defending in a game, before moving into the centre.

I do remember a few managers describing that process in the 90's, wonder if Rafael is taking the same approach with the lack of RB options?
Square pegs, round holes

A player like him will thrive with the fans back in the crowd. He looked great last year, cant imagine what kind of beast he's going to be this year
It may take a bit of time

we don’t know for certain but it seems safe to say he’s had covid and clearly wasn’t judged ready to come back - hopefully the extended break has done him good

I’m now suffering again when I exercise after I had my second jab last week, just in the same way I suffered after covid for 3-4 weeks. It’s crap

…hopefully Godfrey fits into Benitez’s plans, we know this Manager has firm thinking on individuals as apparent with his first choice CB pairing. I disagree with him but he’s in charge and accountable for performance/results.

It may take a bit of time

we don’t know for certain but it seems safe to say he’s had covid and clearly wasn’t judged ready to come back - hopefully the extended break has done him good

I’m now suffering again when I exercise after I had my second jab last week, just in the same way I suffered after covid for 3-4 weeks. It’s crap

If he has had covid hopefully its not done any long term damage to the lad as he thrives on energy and that burst of pace.

Losing that would take away a huge part of his arsenal.

If he has had covid hopefully its not done any long term damage to the lad as he thrives on energy and that burst of pace.

Losing that would take away a huge part of his arsenal.

Aye hopefully.

It's more that you just feel knackered mate. And that's just me, by no means an elite athlete. So at that level it's all about those marginal gains etc and if you can't push it full throttle then it's better to be safe than sorry.

…hopefully Godfrey fits into Benitez’s plans, we know this Manager has firm thinking on individuals as apparent with his first choice CB pairing. I disagree with him but he’s in charge and accountable for performance/results.
With Godfrey‘s absence and Mina’s injuries/fitness we don’t really know Benitez first choice partnership though - it may be (and should be) Godfrey/Mina. Maybe we’ll see on Monday.

I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned so maybe I'm the only one who thought this, but did anyone else think Godfrey wasn't match fit yesterday? I know we're drivel as a back 3 but of the 3 he was blowing out his arse more.

Symptom of isolation or dare I say it covid?

Status
Not open for further replies.