2020/21 Ben Godfrey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Left back suits him more than right back, i know that shouldn't make sense but it does. Not expected to get on the ball as much, many times he is just bypassed to be honest, he automatically tucks into centre back when other teams attacking, and the new fad of playing left footers on the opposite wing has worked in his favour too, Neto kept going onto Godfreys stong side.

Digne will sooner or later reclaim the Lb position, but Godfrey has been a huge addition. Has he even started a game as Cb yet?? His position of choice, great experience gained.

When you look around the norm seems to be between £100k and a £120k a week.
Totally off topic but I see Brighton are going to Double Lamptey wages to 40k a week
We could double that 40k without blinking an eye
Back on topic I think Holgate is a bit slight for a CB and has not got the attacking ability to be a RB
If anyone goes it may be him
Godfrey -Branthwaite seems to be an ideal pairing
Both have pace, height and aggression and Brathwaite seems to be good in the air
Only problem is both are too inexperienced to be paired together
Keane Mina may be kept for another 2-4 years

...he’s not very good in possession, indeed he’s very ordinary. I know a few on here suggest it & I suppose he’s an option to replace Doucoure but I just don’t see him playing there.

From what I've seen, he looks like he can run with the ball at speed and beat players. Looking at clips of him from Norwich, he's got a decent shot on him to, don't know whether he has the ability though to move into midfield.

Different type of pace, he's not like an Aaron Lennon who over 5,-10 metres had that type of pace that could get him in front of a defender and cross a ball, because he's a big lad he takes a few strides to get into gear but once he's there..... No stopping him, eats up the ground.
Tbh I think he has that too. The recovery on Neto being one big indicator. There was another insane burst in the first minute where he got the ball high on the left flank and just burst past Semedo (also rapid) so easily.

Genuinely hope we’ve got someone working with him on his technical dribbling as well as that could be a huge weapon

Left back suits him more than right back, i know that shouldn't make sense but it does. Not expected to get on the ball as much, many times he is just bypassed to be honest, he automatically tucks into centre back when other teams attacking, and the new fad of playing left footers on the opposite wing has worked in his favour too, Neto kept going onto Godfreys stong side.

Digne will sooner or later reclaim the Lb position, but Godfrey has been a huge addition. Has he even started a game as Cb yet?? His position of choice, great experience gained.

I think you're right about left back suiting him more than right back because as you say he's not expected to do anything on the ball. He is just there to defend and nothing more and he is very good at that.

He started one game as a centre back in a 3 but end up being moved to left back in a 4 early on as Delph got injured so we shuffled the pack.

Will probably have to wait to get a chance in the middle but when he does I think he'll become first choice. Same thing happened with both Jagielka and Lescott.

Status
Not open for further replies.