2020/21 Ben Godfrey

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair he’s played right back twice and right side of a three twice. It’s hardly what he needs after a big move to a new club. He needs to gain confidence and feel his way in. Ancelottis just killing him with how he’s playing him
Right now. It’s hard to claw yourself back from a bad start after a move.

Dont want to see Keane anywhere near the starting 11...total liability.

Godfrey + Holgate have the athleticism we need to play on the front foot.

Keane (and Mina) playing means we have to sit back...

I really am fed up with Keane at this point...hes just a coward with no awareness.
Keane didn’t play well yesterday but none of the three centre backs did, they were all caught out of position on multiple occasions- i’d say that’s more to do with Carlo constantly changing personnel than Keane.

He’s looked good in a back four, we should go back to it. Godfrey and Holgate are too similar, want partnership at centre back. Play them both against Burnley and their big plodders up front will be all over them in the air, dominance in the air not their strength. Play one of them with Keane, they’re good on the cover and with the ball but need someone who can head a ball.

At the moment he looks like a terrible buy. He certainly isn't a right back and he doesn't look to have the positional awareness to cope with PL attacks.
In the games he has played he has been targeted by the opposition with considerable success (for the opposition).
Hopefully he is one for the future, but he is a liability just now and the ridiculous amount of money we paid for him looks like a huge mistake.

I don't mind us buying players for the future that have good potential but I think when you spend £20m+ they should be ready to play.

I don't think he's been awful but I don't think he's had the best start either. Hopefully he'll come good in the end.

Writing off youngsters after a couple of games again. Always sensible
Exactly, young centre halves will make mistakes especially when they’re just in the door and playing in a dysfunctional defensive unit. All the EFC hating blues on here need to just take a deep breath. I’m sure they’ll get to feast on Godfrey or some other player before long

Take a look at t-rex arms for the goal as well... can't quite reach...

Our whole defence has been pretty poor all season. But that's also on how the team is set up. Yesterday one of the centre backs was clearly tasked with stepping up with the ball. I don't think giving it away regularly is part of the plan, but we did. Thus ensuring we were scattered organisationally and easily sliced through on a regular basis.

We don't dominate the ball, we don't soak up pressure and counter, we don't high press... I'm not sure what our team is about.

Status
Not open for further replies.