2020/21 Ben Godfrey

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just dont see any signs he's a top centre half. Struggles in possession, not particularly progressive with his passing, not very good in the air, makes poor decisions to try and nip in to win the ball, backs off attackers a lot.

I hope I am wrong for what would be about the one millionth time, but I dont see anything at the minute. He just looks so error prone.

Godfrey is a CDM always has been for me.

Carlo needs to stop fannying around and stick with a formation - 433.

Allan, Doucoure & Delph and if Delph gets injured swap him for Godfrey or Gbamin once he is fit- dont change the formation just because of injuries or playing Gomes out wide its just mental his management at the moment.

The sort of stuff you would expect from a novice like Silva not an experienced manager.

The 433 wasnt working either though was it mate?

Better than Garbutt? Who’d have known...
I called Robertson 4 years ago. That's the point. He had PL experience that had him standing out from the crowd. Godfrey didn't. In fact until we signed him he hadn't even registered with me. £20M. FFS.

Maybe he comes good, I dont know. But what I've seen on the small amount of evidence so far leaves me underwhelmed.

The 433 wasnt working either though was it mate?

Only because Gomes/Siggurdsson are liabilities mate.

I think Delph or Gbamin slotting in next to Allan and allowing Doucoure to bomb forward and cover James out wide would see the 433 work imo.

James leaves the RB vulnerable but Doucoure coving the RB leaves Allan vulnerable as Gomes/Siggurdsson are just not good/mobile enough to get about and help out defensively.

Its astonishing how he can not see it. Another defensive / box to box midfielder who can tackle and has pace would transform the side imo.

I called Robertson 4 years ago. That's the point. He had PL experience that had him standing out from the crowd. Godfrey didn't. In fact until we signed him he hadn't even registered with me. £20M. FFS.

Maybe he comes good, I dont know. But what I've seen on the small amount of evidence so far leaves me underwhelmed.

The same. Played regularly for Norwich and had zero clue about him.

Whereas Robertson and Maguire at Hull you could see quality even though there were getting spanked each week.

The same. Played regularly for Norwich and had zero clue about him.

Whereas Robertson and Maguire at Hull you could see quality even though there were getting spanked each week.
I'd heard of Max Aarons and he looked good; stood out from the Norwich team. Worth a punt. Godfrey? Not on this evidence.

I'd heard of Max Aarons and he looked good; stood out from the Norwich team. Worth a punt. Godfrey? Not on this evidence.

They slapped back bids from Barca for Aaron's. Think we'd have been paying way more than what we got Godfrey for.

I'm don't want to be harsh on him. He came in late, needs to find a position and adapt. But he really should be fighting it out with Branflakes for top of the 4th choice.

They slapped back bids from Barca for Aaron's. Think we'd have been paying way more than what we got Godfrey for.

I'm don't want to be harsh on him. He came in late, needs to find a position and adapt. But he really should be fighting it out with Branflakes for top of the 4th choice.

Only Brands could go to Norwich with £20M in his pocket and come back with Godfrey rather than Aaarons.

I just dont see any signs he's a top centre half. Struggles in possession, not particularly progressive with his passing, not very good in the air, makes poor decisions to try and nip in to win the ball, backs off attackers a lot.

I hope I am wrong for what would be about the one millionth time, but I dont see anything at the minute. He just looks so error prone.
Far be it from me to give the kid more than two games in his position before I judge him but I think I will

Only because Gomes/Siggurdsson are liabilities mate.

I think Delph or Gbamin slotting in next to Allan and allowing Doucoure to bomb forward and cover James out wide would see the 433 work imo.

James leaves the RB vulnerable but Doucoure coving the RB leaves Allan vulnerable as Gomes/Siggurdsson are just not good/mobile enough to get about and help out defensively.

Its astonishing how he can not see it. Another defensive / box to box midfielder who can tackle and has pace would transform the side imo.
Tend to agree 433 is our best shot.

So because you don’t watch Norwich as much as Hull he can’t possibly have impressed last season?

Status
Not open for further replies.