2020/21 Ben Godfrey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feel a bit for him at the moment. He’s had a big move to a bigger club and he’s being played in positions he’s not used to. Doesn’t quite look comfortable yet but I’d like to see him as part of a centre back pairing for a few games.

Keane is our most inform defender

the question is who partners him

holgate - we got murdered by man utd with the crosses but it was hit first game back

mina - looked solid at first but crumbling faster than a cadbury flake

godfrey - haven't really seen them as a duo yet

branthwaite - looked solid at the end of last season as a pairing
Keane is our most in form defender? He’s one of the reasons we concede two goals every week and he hasn’t missed a game this season, still plays like a choir boy, nowhere near aggressive enough.

Keane is our most in form defender? He’s one of the reasons we concede two goals every week and he hasn’t missed a game this season, still plays like a choir boy, nowhere near aggressive enough.
I’m baffled as to how highly some of our fans rate Keane. He’s such a passive cb and his passing is dreadful. Constantly just plays it to Pickford. His positional sense is absolutely awful. Good centre backs have a habit of being in the right place at the right time, the old magnet head phrase. He never is....

I don’t recall any of the goals being Keane’s fault

Against man Utd it was holgate’s positioning that was poor

Keane has always managed to be in the right place at the right time and hasn’t made a mistake that has led directly to a goal

He also contributes at the other end with goals

Started the move for our third goal by contesting a high ball rather than sitting off and watching, which was nice. BUT his shoulders are dead weird and hunched up 24/7 so it's swings and roundabouts really.

Status
Not open for further replies.