2020/21 Ben Godfrey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets please not put the whole of the Norwich teams defensive woes on a 22yo, what does it matter how bad their defence was last season? any defender can look exposed if the players he's playing with are absolute swamp. One man cannot be a whole defence.

Norwich were a bit weird in that Godfrey, Aarons and Lewis all looked promising, but then they were shipping goals left and right every week. That could possibly be put down to them having abysmal options in centre-midfield, though. We're seeing ourselves what a difference it makes having serious players in the middle of the park.

From what I recall of their win at Goodison, Godfrey committed a horrendous, Stones-like act of hubris by letting the ball run behind him with the striker ready to pounce, but luckily for him that striker was Cenk Tosun, and so nothing came of it. Other than that, he was very, very composed in possession and seemed to have a good range of passing.

Lets please not put the whole of the Norwich teams defensive woes on a 22yo, what does it matter how bad their defence was last season? any defender can look exposed if the players he's playing with are absolute swamp. One man cannot be a whole defence.
That is true, and both Aarons and Lewis were attack minded fullbacks. It wasn't an easy situation that much is certain.

Does look like he ticks the boxes and is in the Holgate mold tbh.

My Norwich supporting mate has said it looks like theres something in these links as well.

Where's the money coming from though???

Contrary to what the media say we haven’t don’t much this summer.

personally I think Kean is off. Not really bothered by it either. Kean out, CB in and Millik on loan would be ideal. Rather have a striker on the bench who will be a threat.

Err, he had a season at Shrewsbury in league 1.
Reason I know this is because I spotted early on they were doing well but the bookies had them odds against most weeks even at home and I made a packet, they had Henderson in goal and Godfrey as DM. Similar to this season and backing Southend to lose is perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.