2020/21 Ben Godfrey

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think he's been rinsed by anyone (had a ropey performance against the Saints away).

One on one, I wouldn't choose any other player because not only is he rapid, he enjoys a good tackle and physical battle.

Zaha gave him the run around the other week but he's had 2 good games to follow it up.

He's still got plenty to work on but his ceiling is much higher than everyone else we have in defence.

Zaha gave him the run around the other week but he's had 2 good games to follow it up.

He's still got plenty to work on but his ceiling is much higher than everyone else we have in defence.

I think he came on and tactically we looked clueless for that short spell against Palace.

The great thing is he's only going to get better. He's rapid, aggressive and wants to win.

I think he came on and tactically we looked clueless for that short spell against Palace.

The great thing is he's only going to get better. He's rapid, aggressive and wants to win.

Yep his mentality looks spot on. When there is a ball to win he wins it. There is no messing around from him and he is totally committed.

Now the next step is becoming better positionally so he doesn't have to rely so much on his pace. The other area to improve is his passing forward because he can struggle to move it into midfield.

He's not a top centre half yet but he can be and I hope he will.

Yep his mentality looks spot on. When there is a ball to win he wins it. There is no messing around from him and he is totally committed.

Now the next step is becoming better positionally so he doesn't have to rely so much on his pace. The other area to improve is his passing forward because he can struggle to move it into midfield.

He's not a top centre half yet but he can be and I hope he will.

Yep to be the very best of centre halves in the modern game you've got to be good with the ball.

Yeah he did, but Zaha gives better fullbacks than him a hard time...and he isn't a fullback.
But like Ratcliffe getting roasted by Tommy Hutchinson, tormented him so much he got him sent off when he lost it.
He will eventually - quite soon, make his mark at his true position.
(fwiw, Mourinho was giving him a good mention in his presser too)

Status
Not open for further replies.