2020/21 Ben Godfrey

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is probably untrue because he's poor on the ball and the top teams rarely tolerate that.

I know people are going to think I'm crazy but I just don't see it. He's been at best our 3rd best CB and people want him in the England squad that our best CB is a rotation player for. I think we're seeing him for what we want him to be and not what he really is.

I think we would jhave conceded more with Mina in over the last month or so. It is his (Godfrey) recovery rate that has kept us clean sheets imo, all defenders get beaten, the ones who then win it back/block etc are surely the ones you want?!

I think we would jhave conceded more with Mina in over the last month or so. It is his (Godfrey) recovery rate that has kept us clean sheets imo, all defenders get beaten, the ones who then win it back/block etc are surely the ones you want?!
Yeah if that's what he was doing. Thinking back I don't think that has been the case that frequently.

He's got all the tools. Is he a great center back on 9 March 2021? Not for me.

I think this is probably untrue because he's poor on the ball and the top teams rarely tolerate that.

I know people are going to think I'm crazy but I just don't see it. He's been at best our 3rd best CB and people want him in the England squad that our best CB is a rotation player for. I think we're seeing him for what we want him to be and not what he really is.
This surprises no-one.

He plays better with mina alongside him...and digne kept wandering forward and losing the ball in dangerous places meant that he was under a lot of pressure..

Status
Not open for further replies.