2020/21 Ben Godfrey

Status
Not open for further replies.
With a full squad available he is currently my first choice at CB, him and Keane or Mina
Said it last week him and Keane would be my first choice CBs he's just had to wait for his opportunity, and he's took it.
He has a massive future ahead of him and hopefully he is with us for a long time.

If he has a good reading of the game and positional sense as a CB (which i know is his natural position) we have some 'kin player on our hands.

08-43-04-ry1ttivegz12msh6a7wt.jpg

Ben Godfrey first half ....

.....I noticed little differences in our play that I think we’re down to having him in central defence: the keeper taking free kicks out wide in the middle of our half; the keeper launching the ball from our area and Mina/Godfrey immediately sprinting upfield: not nearly as much deep possession play.

For those who saw him as full back & support CB behind Holgate in the queue, you will soon get used to him being our first choice CB. The one weakness is that he’s not as aerially strong as Keane or Mina but neither was Kevin Ratcliffe. Whether we sit deep or play a high line, he has the engine to protect the space behind, just shepherding the ball out might not seem significant but if he’s not there then an opposition forward will be.

He’ll need to bed-in but Godfrey is the future at CB, I’ve never had a moments doubt about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.