Beckford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because he wanted to bring Cahill back in the team which leaves you needing a striker comfortable playing up front on his own. Beckford is not that striker. It would seem Anichebe isn't either like.

This!

Ultra shocking though, the sooner we get to 40 the better.

Yak scored an absolute Worldy yesterday - we are absolute idiots.

.. and so was Beckford, Vaughan scoring for fun in the Championship, besides the gulf in quality in the championship your point is?

11 mill sheckles scoring for fun in the Championship mate - and we are left feilding 19 year olds to scrape 40 points - im sorry its poor decsion making. Anichebe started today to purely hold up the ball to facilitate Tim, Yak was the master of this.

This!

Ultra shocking though, the sooner we get to 40 the better.

Yak scored an absolute Worldy yesterday - we are absolute idiots.

worldy? i thought only my mates brother and his mates said that haha,

he did tho, the commentator said "prem class" and i had to agree

I think Moyes's logic is that Beckford is too easily bullied alone up front and doesn't offer us enough of a target to hold the ball up. The fact that he played that role for Leeds and terrorised United and Spurs in the cup doesn't seem to register.

The idea with Jags seems to be to get him to fight for his place to regain his form.

I think Moyes's logic is that Beckford is too easily bullied alone up front and doesn't offer us enough of a target to hold the ball up. The fact that he played that role for Leeds and terrorised United and Spurs in the cup doesn't seem to register.

The idea with Jags seems to be to get him to fight for his place to regain his form.

I too don't think Beckford's any good in this league as a lone frontman. He should have played a 4-4-2 though. Vic alone gets too isolated, but with Beckford up there other players find more space, because Jermaine stretches defences better than anyone else at the club.

I don't think the shape of the side is right generally. I agree that Beckford looks good with Saha. But, with our tendency to sit deep and punt the ball aimlessly upfield, I think that Becks is more likely than Victor to outpace the opposition defence and put the ball away.

On the back of that fantastic goal against Blackpool - Why didn't he start the game today?

Because Anichebe is better :huh: duh.

Who knows the way Moyes' mind works. The only thing i can think of is that Anichebe impresses more in training. But Anichebe wasnt completely useless, but if you gave Beckford a start he would of atleast had a shot on target

I miss Yak, a footballing tragedy. When the feeling-

E W S *********** B R E A K I N G N E W S *********** B R E A K I N G N E W S *********** B R E A K I N G N E

Watched Vic on the comeback trail (as did Moyes) in the mini-derby at Widnes last year. Got flattened 3 or 4 times by some lid defender who was about two and half stone wet through, Vic then got booked for swinging a boot at him. To cap it all, the ref tired of his constant falling over, could clearly be heard telling him to 'bloody get up and get on with it'. Within 20 mins he was puffin and blowin, in fact everything that was bad about Vic was shown that night, Andy Holden was bellowing at him all night, but to no avail. Moyes started him the following Saturday...staggering. Strangely enough, Gueye chased and harried from first to last, drove forward with the ball but didn't even make the bench, ho hum.

Status
Not open for further replies.