Beckford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah mate as much as he annoyed me today it must be killing him that he's missing the chances ! He more than anyone wants to do well ! Fingers crossed mate he'll come good.

After one of the chances he missed he looked genuinly gutted, probably both at missing the chance to get us back in the game and at himself for missing.

Berbatov scored 5 today after something like 10 games without a goal. Shearer went 9 without a goal before banging them in at Euro 96.

Even the best strikers miss chances and have droughts.

After one of the chances he missed he looked genuinly gutted, probably both at missing the chance to get us back in the game and at himself for missing.

Berbatov scored 5 today after something like 10 games without a goal. Shearer went 9 without a goal before banging them in at Euro 96.

Even the best strikers miss chances and have droughts.

And so do the [Poor language removed] ones, mate.

He looks up for it, though. Fingers crossed.

Agree that he looks up for it. To me, this second goal of his is going to be the hardest - even harder than the first. He's scored once - tasted the goods, and now he is feeling the PRESSURE (self-inflicted too!) to do number 2. So today, he rushed, rushed, rushed. The first, when it comes, is like, "wow, that was me, yes!" The second on the other hand - it's like a pot that's trying to boil over. When will it, when will it....

I'm waiting!

He's just got to stay positive and keep at it. By the sounds of it he's a sharper shooter in training, so it's most likely nerves. You could say that he offers us all the running of Marcus Bent, but with the potential to score goals too.

After his first goal he was rewarded with a spot on the bench. I hope this time the reward is several starts and genuine play time. He is a massive threat and I've been calling for more of him for a while now.

Unfortunately Pienaar seems to be the only one capable of playing the same tempo. In time I think he could feed off of Coleman. Need to push the ball up quickly to properly utilize Beckford.

Here you go Jermaine, get practicing.

cows-arse.jpg

banjo-4.gif

He's MOBILE . The others ARE NOT .

Its a STARTING POINT.

Agreed. Up until recently the Yak looked like he was putting his all in. He seems to have reverted back to type now. Saha is offering no movement whatsoever. He seems to be hoping that he'll be the first to react to something dropping in and around the box. Unless he starts looking like a striker desperate to break a long goalscoring drought, he can find another club as far as I'm concerned.

Beckford, on the other hand, looks like a man with something to prove. If he keeps doing what he's doing but stops trying quite so hard, he'll be a regular goal scorer for us.

I honestly think there is potential in the lad. He'll get headlines for the misses but, as cringeworthy as it is, at least he's getting into those positions to get a shot on goal in the first place.

How about we actually give him a proper chance instead of the completely predictable 2nd half substitution of shoving him on telling them to get us a goal?

The thing with Beckford is that he is getting into all the right positions and making chances for himself. How many did chances he have yesterday, 5 or 6? If he would have converted all those chances, he could have had as many goals as Berbatov in one match.

Beckford has plenty of potential. It think if he gets enough game time and builds up his confidence, I can see him being a pretty important player for us over the next few seasons.

Agree that he looks up for it. To me, this second goal of his is going to be the hardest - even harder than the first. He's scored once - tasted the goods, and now he is feeling the PRESSURE (self-inflicted too!) to do number 2. So today, he rushed, rushed, rushed. The first, when it comes, is like, "wow, that was me, yes!" The second on the other hand - it's like a pot that's trying to boil over. When will it, when will it....

I'm waiting!

Apparently the number 2 is a plague on all our strikers. At this point in the season if you were told that Beckford was leading all strikers in goals we'd be doing windmills. Shows you how sorry we are this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.