beattie to sunderland

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

ever tony an

i fear this is how its going to be with beattie from now to the start of next season,one link after another after another

yeah so moyes was sat next to roy keane. 2 and 2 makes 10 does it ?
not long ago bill kenwright was sat next to rocky does that mean rocky is to star in a play or kenwright in rambo? no it doesnt

ok beats has had an indifferent season so thats it is it hes going ?
i actually think thats down to some other factors, like our midfield isnt good enough to play 2 strikers and give em the support they need to do any good, tactics from above is a factor too bringing bt on for 10/15 mins how can he score loads of goals like that ok some clever git will say dunc did it but sorry bt isnt dunc and the tactics will be different with dunc if was belt it long and dunc was dunc
all ive read is beattie is doing the hard work in training and is trying, not sulking, not moaning, not slacking, not looking for a move

i honestly think bt will still be at everton next season and sorry but nugent will cost too much a 6 million sheff utd bid already turned down at xmas and he is unproven at the top level so a huge gamble for me
we know beattie can do it with the right formation and tactics its up to the backroom staff and moyes to find it and get the best out of him, maybe that will mean a stronger midfield, maybe fernandes is the answer to that
time will tell

i agree with a post i read earlier, you dont have to score loads of goals to be a good front pair you need an good understanding and work for eachother.
bt and aj will of had a full season to work in training and the first team on that and someone new will be starting from scratch
better the devil you know i say

i bet a few on here can name one or two who had a sticky season for everton before going on to great things for us. hopefully james can do the same

Not sure if BT will still be here but as Monty pointed out, he was bought as striker and that he has not really done. As for two upfront, seems Moyes just prefers one with support coming through from midfiedl. IMO BT has had a number of chances to show us what he can do but has failed to do so.

I think his sending off so early in his career didn't help to endear him to the fans and he's had a hard time winning us over ever since then.

AJ, in contrast, scored a double in the biggest derby win in god knows how long early in his career so is fine as far as the fans are concerned, even during his barren run recently.

I think the honest answer with regards to BT's future is that if a decent offer comes in for him then he'll go. He's tried hard whenever I've seen him so can't be faulted on that score but it's never really worked for him at the club, except for a few months last season when he showed real form. It could just be a case of wrong player for the club at the wrong time. Simon Davies for instance seems to have done well thus far for Fulham but had a torrid time with us. Just one of those things I guess.

Sorry Bruce, you are just too nice, I honestly believe the club has found him out, he is not up to it. If he was going Sunderland I'd give him a lift, gratis:p

Yeah it's been a torrid time for him. These things do happen though. The Uruguan chap at Man Utd who couldn't score for toffee then went to Villareal and was top scorer in La Liga. Shearer hardly ever scored for England in his first 20 odd games, then after Euro 96 he couldn't stop scoring.

The more I watch football the more it seems to be a mental game. Take Barcelona for instance. Their squad has been strengthened by the likes of Thuram, Zambrotta, Saviola in the close season yet they look a shadow of last seasons side because mentally they're not the same.

Like I said, guess we'll just have to see. It looks likely that he'll go if a good offer comes in so it'll be interesting to see if we bought a one season wonder or a decent player who simply didn't do it for us.

I totally accept that Bruce, take Simon Davies and the way he is playing at Fulham is a prime example. However it is what happens at GP is my concern and he has only set the world alight for three weeks last term, he has to go.

I dont think any of us could argue if he left in the summer if his form is still as consistently bad as it has been.

This time last year he hit a rich vain of form and really could you imagine what that secret weapaon factor could do for the team between now and the end of the season if it could be repated. If i was him id be thinking Jesus what do i have to loose. It seems from the sound byts coming out of the club this week that he is set for an extended run in the team.

If this is the case can i urge all fans to back him as like it or lump hes here untill the end of the season, and our backing will undoubhtedly support a player who is short of confidence and with a general reliance on same. I know everyone will for the greater good.

Last edited:
Ifr anyone has an address in Sunderland where he can stay then the tosser can go tonight, even now at half time, what a bloody waste he is:angry: :angry:

Sunderland bought John Stead didn't they...

but then again, he is looking good in this game... as opposed to BT who is looking well... yeh....

Status
Not open for further replies.