Beattie scored on debut...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good on that lad - didn't really have too much time for him, but never one to slag players off that don't deserve it!

BT, good attitude but one of the most useless centre forwards we have ever signed, I cant believe so much of you are wishing him well, do you know how much he cost us?

He was never good enough for Everton. And now he's in the league that he belongs.

he cost us 2 mill, and he scored us some goals.

there are plenty before beattie in my book worthy of criticism and spite.

one thing u cant fault beattie for is effort... n in my book.. thats worthy or respect from all evertonians.. even if he wasnt up 2 scratch in front of the net

one thing u cant fault beattie for is effort... n in my book.. thats worthy or respect from all evertonians.. even if he wasnt up 2 scratch in front of the net

I'm sorry, effort should be the minimum requirement. Think about this.

The average man must be on £25,000 per year. (roughly)

So thats about £2,000 a month. They work 150 hours for that amount of money.

A footballer like James Beattie must have been on around £30,000 a week at least.

They train 5 days a week, and they don't do afternoons, so it must be around 35 hours per week including games.

So that's £120,000 per month for 140 hours training and matches which many of which we know he didn't play.

James Beattie earned approximately £118,000 more a month for doing considerably less work.

Lets break that down some more, £118,000 can buy you a fantastic car, or a house per month!

Now I know the whole money thing in football and that it is spiralling out of control, but what I can't accept is when a footballer gets commended for effort. He isn't paid to just try, he is there to perform, to improve the club he plays for, he is a commoddity that should be yielding return on investment.

We could sign anyone from any Sunday league team and he would provide effort. But I'm sorry its not enough in my book, not by a long chalk.

now ur blowing it out of proportion.. im not saying any random person could come in and put in effort and be compared to beattie..

but their is others out their, even in blue colours in the past.. who have been on our books and not even bothered... nor performed on the field either !!

Beattie come out and put 100% effort in.. but unfortunetly it didnt click for him.. yes i agree we paid a lot for him, but not being able to wish him well is a bit unfair.

Our system didnt work for him, thats clear !! and as for the wage structure.. players r overpaid so u cant compare it to general wage rates !

now ur blowing it out of proportion.. im not saying any random person could come in and put in effort and be compared to beattie..

but their is others out their, even in blue colours in the past.. who have been on our books and not even bothered... nor performed on the field either !!

Beattie come out and put 100% effort in.. but unfortunetly it didnt click for him.. yes i agree we paid a lot for him, but not being able to wish him well is a bit unfair.

Our system didnt work for him, thats clear !! and as for the wage structure.. players r overpaid so u cant compare it to general wage rates !

Well I think you can compare it, because the average man works hard to go and watch a player perform, they expect effort as pre-requisite, the same way you are expected to show effort while at work.

If that player is only showing effort then that is not good enough. Yes there are players who don't even show that and the sooner they get shipped out the better, but I don't think it is anyone at Everton.

My point is that effort is the minimum we should be seeing from a player and certainly not something that needs to be commended, especially as he broke our transfer record.

The fact that it didn't click is just the way it goes and I wish him luck at Sheffield, but don't congratulate someone for showing effort. Its an insult to every fan who works hard to go and see these players.

again i do understand.. but rather than slating beattie for something he "personally" couldnt achieve, maybe its moyes u shud b slating !!

if he put 100% effort in, then maybe he just didnt cut it in our team.. thats when he needs to go...

this is not his call, he can only go out and try and perform !!! Its moyes who has the decision to play him and should take the flack for him not performing !! becuz he kept on playing him !!

dont get me wrong i love moyes, but i fink its unfair to place blame on a person who is putting all their effort into something.. !!! At the end of the day.. he is asked to do a job , which his manager signed him for.. if he isnt doing it right.. he can only keep trying, until moyes removes him from that role !!

In my eyes, beattie didnt do anything wrong !!! He just didnt do anything right either !!

To me it is Moyes that is to blame for BTs failings. Beattie has scored regularly, albeit in fits and starts. He signed for us and did get some goals. Then we buy AJ and it all goes pearshaped. I feel it is all to do with the make up of our midfield. The balance has never been right for seasons now and the strikers just don't get proper clear chances. When you look at other teams they have a way of attacking but we seem to be all endeavour. I do believe that if we had the right midfield then BT and AJ would have got chances and more often than not they would have scored. It's a pity for all concerned because we want success. Hopefully the Yak will be more successful....Hopefully Moyes gets the midfield right....and that means not playing PN and LC in the same midfield.

well sed blues1970.. i agree !!!

but i also think beattie can only do his job until he is told he is not needed or good enough !!! which he fully did !

Status
Not open for further replies.