Barrett-Baxendale: Champions League isn't a dream. I'm planning for it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Certainly she means the club have a number of financial projections based on getting into CL, getting into EL, missing Europe, etc. As they always have.

..objectives are necessary but I don’t think it helps to go public. We had that with Kenwright and Martinez talking of top four. I like Barrett-Baxendale but keep the ambition in-house and do your talking on the pitch.
I take your point but I see this as slightly different. She hasn't given a time frame and isn't putting any undue pressure on Silva (who knows CL is the aim).
For a long time, with Elstone, it felt like Everton were being run like a corner shop while the other great clubs of English football were being run like supermarket chains. Now I'm not saying I wan't the club to be the equivalent of a soulless chain but we have to start moving forward and thinking big. So far, I think she's hitting the right tone between local and global.

..objectives are necessary but I don’t think it helps to go public. We had that with Kenwright and Martinez talking of top four. I like Barrett-Baxendale but keep the ambition in-house and do your talking on the pitch.
Agreed after that Martinez nonsense I rather them just let the actions do the talking instead of saying stuff like this, I mean it's obviously good she has ambition like this but behind close doors for me.

Agreed after that Martinez nonsense I rather them just let the actions do the talking instead of saying stuff like this, I mean it's obviously good she has ambition like this but behind close doors for me.
I disagree, I don't know how old you are but we need to appeal to a new generation in a more positive way.

I disagree, I don't know how old you are but we need to appeal to a new generation in a more positive way.

..it’s a fair point. I’m old but that top four ambition is obvious. It now adds pressure to realise the ambition, although that might not be such a bad thing I suppose. I wouldn’t die in a ditch over going public but at this stage we really need actions on and off the pitch.

..it’s a fair point. I’m old but that top four ambition is obvious. It now adds pressure to realise the ambition, although that might not be such a bad thing I suppose. I wouldn’t die in a ditch over going public but at this stage we really need actions on and off the pitch.
I know but if we up our game across the board we will attract players who don't care about the pressure. As Marco said today, quality deals with it better

I can see very clearly that Brand and Silva will improve Everton's chances of progress on the field, don't see where Mrs.
Baxindale will help in that direction, off the field and with EinTC yes, leave the football side to Brand and Silva, they know what they are doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.