Homepage Update: Baines: We have no chemistry

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the long balls to Rom yesterday made me think that there was something missing. Like "I don't know how Rom wants to handle this, so I'll just hoof it to him"
Shame, really. When Del and Rom were on fire in the first half of the season, it looked promising and because it looked like they knew exactly what the other was doing. Seems to have faded.

*awaits the onslaught to baines, calls of a snide is oncoming

God bless you Leighton, stating what we actually see on the pitch
You can't even attempt to have a go at Baines if you are a fan of this club, he's a diamond, could have kicked up a fuss when Moyes wanted him at Utd.

Anything he says carries serious weight with me, he's been a superb player and still is, just not quite right yet since his injury.

He's not blaming the manager and staff directly but you can read into it that is where the problem lays, there is a good bunch of lads there who are all good mates, you see them all on twitter posting pics, "Chemistry" as he calls it on the pitch is down to the manager and his staff, I don't think the players have confidence in their methods.

Pienaar and Baines definitely had words with Martinez when they had that warm weather training break a few weeks ago.

That is a spot on observation from Baines. I can't help but comparing his comments with what I see in my home club. And because of that he's absolutely right. However the manager has a LOT to do with that chemistry. Sure You don't really want comparison with Hungarian football, but I'll do it anyway because it's mostly about managing people.

We have the best coach I think this club ever had in its history: not just in a tactical but in a personal view. Every single player loves him, the players always look like a big happy family - on and out of the pitch. And when they play we can see that they just enjoy playing in that team, every single second of it. And because of that they nearly always play fascinating.

It is the manager's task to maintain both balance between healty rivalry and that fraternity feeling. Our manager had 2 very important quotes the last 2,5 years from my point of view.

1, This year, after losing in the league for the first time in the 17th round: "This is all my fault. Every single game which we won it's because the guys worked very hard for it. When we lose, it's always on me, always on the coach; surely I did something wrong and I have to fix it."

2, "Football is very-very huge business. But at the same time no coach or player can ever forget why they decided to play football when they were young. They played because they could spend some time with friends. And if they don't forget that they can always play beautiful football with their friends throughout their carriers."

The team is just an incoherent set of individuals with a world class striker at the top of it and everyone knows it. Bainesy's now come out and said it, that'll be the bench for him now with a mysterious niggle.

It's a very incendiary word, 'chemistry', in the sporting sense. A lack of chemistry is taken as a real sign of unrest, a clash of personalities, even conflict between players. Whereas it may simply mean things aren't quite clicking, or permutations/systems aren't quite working.

I think Martinez has it all wrong at the moment buy I don't believe there's a problem between the players.

You can't even attempt to have a go at Baines if you are a fan of this club, he's a diamond, could have kicked up a fuss when Moyes wanted him at Utd.

Anything he says carries serious weight with me,
he's been a superb player and still is, just not quite right yet since his injury.

He's not blaming the manager and staff directly but you can read into it that is where the problem lays, there is a good bunch of lads there who are all good mates, you see them all on twitter posting pics, "Chemistry" as he calls it on the pitch is down to the manager and his staff, I don't think the players have confidence in their methods.

Correct. Home grown lad, and he takes lads to away games in his motor, too.

Knows the score.

See you in a few months Leighton, at least you'll be seeing more of Pienaar. lol lol

But he is right, but then I think that's more to do with the manager and how we are playing. How many times in the game did Del, Lenton, Barkley and Cleverly change positions and move around. I get wingers maybe swapping sides but Clev randomly popping up on the left for 10 minutes surely is more of a detriment to what 'plan' is in place, thus disrupting balance and chemistry.

The thing about relying on individuals is spot on but it isn't right as we don't have the chemistry / balance to allow someone to shine most matches, how many times have we seen us have the ball 30 yards out from goal passing it left to right to left, Rom pointing and running to spaces not receiving it, Barkley with the ball at his feet with no one to pass forward to, so it goes to Cleverly who'll pass it sideways to McCarthy (from the left wing naturally) who'll then pass it back to Jags.

Could you imagine him giving you a pep talk. Just staring at the floor like a naughty school boy being told off. Grow a set Jags.

He does it when we concede goals as well. No anger, no questions, he's just unresponsive. I don't understand how he said captain tbh.

Jags looks suicidal there for want of a better word, Baines saying no chemistry, virtually translates to we are a load of balls.

What I do now is that Martinez and his message isn't getting through. And he has proved incapable of changing his style, the writing is on the wall.

All the long balls to Rom yesterday made me think that there was something missing. Like "I don't know how Rom wants to handle this, so I'll just hoof it to him"
Shame, really. When Del and Rom were on fire in the first half of the season, it looked promising and because it looked like they knew exactly what the other was doing. Seems to have faded.

I agree mate.

You could see Deulofeu trying to get the early ball into Rom like they did at the start of the season except this time all the crosses were horrendous and Rom didn't offer much of a target.

Could be down to practice though, Deulofeu and Rom haven't played a match together for a while because Lennon was keeping Geri out the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.