Baines at midfield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yobo hasnt been dropped, he got injured and now he must wait for his chance, just like Baines had to. Theres not a great deal of difference in any of our defenders, as ive already said many times, they all play well within the unit and bring different things.

Spot on my friend it's how it should be having competition for places, we're just not used to it, even better when Lars and our strikers get fit;)

Yobo hasnt been dropped, he got injured and now he must wait for his chance, just like Baines had to. Theres not a great deal of difference in any of our defenders, as ive already said many times, they all play well within the unit and bring different things.

Exactly. Although I'd substitute the word compete for wait.
Joey should be as glad as rest of us that there's one position for which we don't have to raid the Kindergarten.

Problem is we would have to drop players who have played well. I have no problem with him playing there, infact i think it would give us better balance.

He's played there against both Spurs (last season) and this season (Blackburn) and struggled. He just doesn't suit the position, it's completely different to what he's used to.

He's isn't someone who's going to beat fullback's one on one, his game's about linking up with his winger and then looking to get in behind. Pass and move to to speak.

Keep him at left back, I think people are just trying to find a way to fit our third centre back into the team. It isn't needed. Certainly not at the moment, the balance is fine.

Beat me to it.

He's great at overlapping and giving Pienaar another option but if he had to face up to a defender and try to create an opportunity, his success ratio would be quite a bit lower than Pienaar's.

That's just not his game.

Back four look's really good,i''m not Hibbert's biggest fan but he has to stay and Baines.Good to see Mr Moyes having problem's picking a team and having quality to pick from,makes a change.

I think he does well when he pushes forward, but then like people say, this is with the support of left-sided midfielder. I think he suits left back to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.