Aussies keen to rush Cahill comeback

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea I heard this too..
Verbeek the aus manager seems confident he'll play against Qatar..
not really sure tho

I don't think it's a good idea to be honest. He needs to be worked in slowly and we can't be giving him lots and lots of football.

He's an important player, his priority at the moment should be Everton.

Tbh i dont mind. I think its more match practice, gets his confidence higher, and Australia is one of the only National teams i support other than Nigeria a couple of times.

I think we have had enough of him playing for his country before he is fully fit I would say NO but if they insist ask them to foot his wages for any time lost through injury.:mad:

In all fairness to the Qataris, Australia should be able to deal with most opposition in Asia without flying the likes of Cahill, Neill & Emerton all the way over...

They have enough players all across Europe (Holland, Germany & Turkey in particular) to put together 2 sides capable of beating the likes of Qatar, Bahrain, Uzbekistan & China.

Plus their own A-League's a lot more quality than 90% of the leagues across the rest of the continent (where most of their International opposition still play since they're not good enough to make it in Europe)

I don't think he will go. Didn't he say in the summer his international career was going on the back burner so he could concentrate on his club (you know, the people who pay him his wage)

Status
Not open for further replies.