Atmosphere at home games........

Status
Not open for further replies.
We dont need a singing section - it’s manufactured atmosphere.
No it isn't. If anything sirens, club flags, playing certain songs on the pa are manufacturing the atmosphere all purposely done to improve it, and they actually did. A singing section is lads into singing getting their tickets together, if it was a terrace you'd just stand by each other, but you can't so fans have to go about it in a different way to get by each other.

No it isn't. If anything sirens, club flags, playing certain songs on the pa are manufacturing the atmosphere all purposely done to improve it, and they actually did. A singing section is lads into singing getting their tickets together, if it was a terrace you'd just stand by each other, but you can't so fans have to go about it in a different way to get by each other.
Keeps the sirens , banners and flags , keep the team playing the same as the last 4/5 home games and the rest comes naturally.

The siren has been a great innovation. The flags too, although they should never have been banned in the first place (are they still banned in fact, with only the Everton issued ones OK?). But a singing section? Not for me. And particularly not one stuck in the wings at the back of Gwladys St. There has in fact throughout the season been a tendency for chants to be started by fans at the Bullens Rd side of Gwladys St, but they are often counter to what the rest of the St End is singing or else are just out of synch. And to be displacing supporters who have been in that area for season upon season for the sake of some Sky-era inspired idea is a disgrace The fan group that has inspired the changes this season has done its job. Unfortunately, like many bodies established with a limited remit and lifespan there is a tendency to outlive its usefulness but to continue with a more and more trivial agenda.

The reason singing sections came about in the Sky era was as a reaction against the Sky effect and the onset of reserved seating. Fans who traditionally stood together couldn't. You'd have families, non singers mixed in with them, standing banned. This led to reduced atmosphere and singing only after major incidents and then only singing when winning.
Singing sections were always a reaction against that, and are a positive sign of fans using their brains at the match to overcome the barriers that stifle the atmosphere.

Re fans being displaced, a handful of fans were asked to move 5 rows back, that's it.

sirens need to happen only for the big games, not against norwich for goodness sake.

crazy how 2 sirens can get grown men up for a game

The sirens are good, a nice addition and builds up into z cars.

Biggest thing for me, and I’ve changed my mind on this, is the importance Silva and many players have placed on the value of the crowd being behind them. In the past I’ve been on the side of the players needing to get the crowd up, rather than vice versa.

Fact that the crowd has been more vocal recently (including the lads doing the singing section) and we’ve seen the overall effect it’s had on our players and the opposition, and the manager and players have explicitly told us that it helps; has changed my view quite a bit.

With respect I sit in the Gwladys street and the Burnley game was so forced.

'The Orginals' supposedly wanna create an atmosphere and condemn 'ya da' to another stand - yet here they were singing 'Theres nobody better then Mikel Arteta' (refernced because its the only one I knew) and many other years gone by chants, Radcliffe etx.

Forced atmosphere - which btw Burnley had none.
That was an acid test, all the games previous where 'big games' so there was gonna be an atmosphere. Thats not to say Burnley, shouldn't have an atmosphere - but it really didn't.

As for waving flags that doesn't create an atmosphere - it creates a spectical. At atmosphere is generated by cheering, clapping, singing, chanting etc.

Least we forgot 'The Originals' happily supported us loosing to City. Hypocrites of the higest order.

I'm 26 - been a seasont ticket holder for 19 years- on Friday before people wanna throw out some comments. I've supported Everton throughout a period they have had zero success - the atmosphere has always been there if the team reciprocate with effort. No effort, then the crowd become disengaged.

Trying to force at atmosphere doesn't do anyone any level of good when you support City one week, and then sing years gone by songs the next. When an atmosphere is nature and passionate you feel it and it means something.

Safe to say they didn't credit themselves for the Burnley atmosphere, but were all over the other matches like it was there doing.

'The Orginals' supposedly wanna create an atmosphere and condemn 'ya da' to another stand - yet here they were singing 'Theres nobody better then Mikel Arteta' (referenced because its the only one I knew) and many other years gone by chants, Radcliffe etx.

Relative to the years old songs tbat where getting sung

'The Orginals' supposedly wanna create an atmosphere and condemn 'ya da' to another stand - yet here they were singing 'Theres nobody better then Mikel Arteta' (refernced because its the only one I knew) and many other years gone by chants, Radcliffe etx.

That was an acid test, all the games previous where 'big games' so there was gonna be an atmosphere. Thats not to say Burnley, shouldn't have an atmosphere - but it really didn't.

As for waving flags that doesn't create an atmosphere - it creates a spectical. At atmosphere is generated by cheering, clapping, singing, chanting etc.

Least we forgot 'The Originals' happily supported us loosing to City. Hypocrites of the higest order.

I'm 26 - been a seasont ticket holder for 19 years- on Friday before people wanna throw out some comments. I've supported Everton throughout a period they have had zero success - the atmosphere has always been there if the team reciprocate with effort. No effort, then the crowd become disengaged.

Trying to force at atmosphere doesn't do anyone any level of good when you support City one week, and then sing years gone by songs the next. When an atmosphere is nature and passionate you feel it and it means something.

Safe to say they didn't credit themselves for the Burnley atmosphere, but were all over the other matches like it was there doing.

Personally, I didn't make much of the atmosphere against United but times have probably changed from when I was going regularly 7 years ago.

I appreciate the lads trying to do something about the atmosphere but you're right, it's not going to change. The majority of our fans don't really like to sing or stand up. It'll continue to be as dreary as it has been for a long time to come, probably getting worse if anything.

Well aren't you a bundle of joy...

Whereabouts is your seat in the Gwladys?

So you hate evertonians that are trying to create an atmosphere

Status
Not open for further replies.