• James McFadden ( 68" Sub )

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ayegbeni Yakubu ( 68" Sub )

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who we need: Arteta, Cahill, Vaughan, Howard and a left winger

Who we need OUT - Osman, Maybe pienaar based on his performance today.

There was no spark in the everton team today. We just passed along hte back line, used neville and jagielka in the midfield too. The two wingers were too light weight, couldnt cross, or beat the aston villa defence. AJ and Vic did the best they could with the delivery they had, yakubu and mcfadden also...we need a passer with the midfield, a centre mid...thats what i hope gravesen will do...

...but how long till wwe get gravesen, arteta, cahill and vaughan back in the squad?

how often was laursen mentioned along with the lines

'good tackle'
'good header'
'very well read'
'hes been a rock today'

no catastrophic lapses in concentration from that man.

last fifteen minutes was better from us but mainly aimless going forward.

maybe a bit of a hangover from the weeks fun and games. Laursen Agbon carew young all had good games fo villa.

baines my motm for us i think

It was sort of inevitable that we were gonna have a poor game today after midweek. But I am concerned at the number of poor games that we have played this season, even games we have won we were not that great.

I dont know if its our expectations were too high? Inuries already taking their toll or simply the players havent performed to their standard, but whatevers the reason, this week has been a massive reality check on where we will finish this season.

no surprises from Everton today. Result was exactly what I thought it would be. A convinving victory to Villa.

Players were poor, squad looks poor and if the manager continues to buy players that show endeavour, guts, hard work and spirit to the detriment of skill, technique, touch, culture and creativity - then the manager is poor as well.

Sick of these lacklustre piss poor performances. Can't fault their work rate, just their ability. And for a team that has spent so much money - ability should be beyond question.

They honestly look like they have the skill of a championship side.

If we had players with skill, then the hearts these players have could maybe win the league, but you need to be able to play a bit as well.

With the exception of Baines, these players are starting to look shocking.

it was moyes' tactics to build a tiny squad, with quality in the first 11 and not much beyond. We are starting to pay the price for his lack of foresight.

I say this and I consider myself a moyes fan. I think its time we should look to europe for players, had enough of these english style hit it and hope merchants.

When was the last time we outclassed newcastle, spurs, liverpool, man U, arsenal etc. Yes we've beaten them all, some quite convincingly - but never outclassed them with silky passing and combined moves.

sick of this gung ho dogs of war [Poor language removed].

QUALITY??????

Were predicatable, far too predictable and its starting to piss me off.

Im not jumping on any bandwagon but the tactics and team selection can be [Poor language removed] at times. We have just spent over 20 million and I know we have injuries, every Premiership side does but I was looking forward to this season and its gradually getting shitter.

This is not knee jerk.

spon on leonbil, unfortunately we cannot attract players with such silky skills. Lucho, Riquelme, and maybe fernandes falls into that category, what a world of difference they would have made today. But let's not get too much into something that did not materialise. Let's hope we have 10 million to spend on someone similar or better than arteta in jan. Pieenar is not the answer.

positives -
carsley was not in the team alonside neville.
pienaar got better as the game went on .
jags looked a better midfeild option than carsley and neville.
we actually played some very nice football in the second half

negatives
the defence are lettiing in goals
the strikers are not scoring
the midfeild is very very weak and the cause of all our problems.

conclusion
drop neville osman and hibbert.
play gravesen and arteta in the center
hope our injured players comeback firing on cylindars
our left wing is pants so hopefully mcfadden can do a job there.

.................howard
........jags yobo lescott baines
pienaar gravesen arteta mcfadden
.................aj ....yak

the manager done his best today considering he has built a squad whos inadequate midfeild give very little options.
the players played ok but had a lack quality in key areas.
the manager needs to ship a midfeilder or 3 out and 2 or 3 new ones in.
osman neville and carsley should only be used as a last resort.

pienaar gravesen arteta mcfadden

And watch them get played through/outmuscled by other teams as not one of them can tackle worth a [Poor language removed].

Although it may not be a "sexy" position for the boo-boys you need a Carsley/Neville/Jagielka type in there.

(And don't make me laugh by calling Tommy a tackler...)

let the defenders defend i say.

the trouble is at the moment due to the lack of creativity in the middle of the pitch we are relying on the wide players to provide the ammunition to the front 2.
we havent got the pace skill or crossing ability out wide though, meaning we rely on our fullbacks getting forward to help out.leaving us exposed at the back.

surely playing pienaar and mcfadden on the wings will give us that much needed pace and width ?
arteta and gravesen can both dictate play , get there foot on the ball and pick out nice passes for the forwards and wingers to get on to.
leaving the defenders to do what they do best , defend.therefore they dont need a covering midfeilder as they are not as exposed.

at the moment we are asking defenders to attack, midfeilders to defend. wide men to come inside.and the strikers to run into the wide channels.
its madness and over complicated.
time to go back to basics.

made me chuckle.:lol:

The one thing which surprises me is the last 4 games we have been well under par and that isn,t normal for a david moyes side are we still living off last season or is it simply we are not good enough without mikel.
The worrying area for me is the midfield thats where we are shocking at the moment yes we have injuries but last season we were without cahill for a long part of it,are we missing mannys pace with arteta i don,t know but one thing is for sure neville should not be in there.
I believe in david moyes but he has got to focus on the midfield area cos that is where we are being run ragged

The one thing which surprises me is the last 4 games we have been well under par and that isn,t normal for a david moyes side are we still living off last season or is it simply we are not good enough without mikel.
The worrying area for me is the midfield thats where we are shocking at the moment yes we have injuries but last season we were without cahill for a long part of it,are we missing mannys pace with arteta i don,t know but one thing is for sure neville should not be in there.
I believe in david moyes but he has got to focus on the midfield area cos that is where we are being run ragged

I was expecting us to struggle if arteta is out injured but I didnt expect it to be as poor as this. I hope moyes learn his lesson fast and turn things around. Few more performance like this and we'll be out of europe and playing catch up in the league for the rest of the season. Memories of 2005!

Status
Not open for further replies.