Match Thread Aston Villa vs Everton. Saturday 14th August 12:30 KO

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Teams that don’t score goals end up in relegation fights, we have no goals in us and I’m not sure that changes with Dom fit either. No creativity in midfield and poor wide players is a bad combo.

At least the defence doesn’t seem as suicidal as last season
We get a wide forward and another striker will help us, but dom fit would help as it would create more space for players, hold the ball up and would work the cb more.

We were very ponderous and unsure on the ball I thought. Iwobi wasn't and had a good pivotal game today in that he kept moving and switching play when he could.
I've always liked and supported Anthony Gordon. I do think however FL needs to reassess his role and where he is best placed. He is not a striker per se that's for sure and is knocked off the ball too easily. It's another season for him and an important one for him. The earlier flaws...e.g. poor shooting, decision making for passes should be lessening as games progress. I hope they do.

We were very ponderous and unsure on the ball I thought. Iwobi wasn't and had a good pivotal game today in that he kept moving and switching play when he could.
I've always liked and supported Anthony Gordon. I do think however FL needs to reassess his role and where he is best placed. He is not a striker per se that's for sure and is knocked off the ball too easily. It's another season for him and an important one for him. The earlier flaws...e.g. poor shooting, decision making for passes should be lessening as games progress. I hope they do.
I agree it’s very much get it..boot it run after it. its the style we seem to have adopted since Carlo time. Our players are scared of the ball

S

Spot on. Anyone deluded enough to think we will dramatically improve this season and finish in the top half would be concerned.
Anyone thinking we’d be mid table or just below will not be panicking based on the performances so far and with all things considered. - desperately need another option going forward is my only caveat.
Still think we get top 8. 2 hard games to start the season. Villa been a Bogey team for us in recent years. If DCL been fit we probably had 3-6 points.
Arsenal where bottom last season and should of finished 4th

Correct.

Utter 'kin folly.

Lampard's words to the board when they sold Richarlison should have been: "fine, but I have a replacement lined up and I want it sorted either before he signs for Spurs or the day or so after".

He's let this drift badly.

We all know the board are the ultimate problem, but Lampard needed to be forceful there.
He moan at the board after the 4-0 loss in America and then moaned again after the Chelsea game about the lack of speed.
Kenwright still doing deals for some insane reason

Status
Not open for further replies.