Match Thread Aston Villa vs Everton. Saturday 14th August 12:30 KO

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
They've got a good record against us at their ground.
We have (debatable) no striker.
We're still building our team from the absolute car crash of a squad we've collected over the past few seasons.

Think this one will be a bit of a scrap. I'd say we're better defensively than last season 100%.

Hopefully try and nick it from a set piece. But even if we do get beat I won't be too disheartened. I like what we've been doing in the transfer market, we'll come good eventually

Depends on the lineup but these are there for the taking. Huge pressure on them to get a result at home.

Tend to agree, growing rumours that Geelaaar is falling out with players never a good sign and they where dreadful last weekend.

Play as well as we did v Chelsea we'll create far more and win this

Pickford
Holgate - Coady - Tarkowski
Patterson - Doucoure - Iwobi - Mykolenko
Gray - Rondon - Gordon

Gray and Gordon really suffered v Chelsea so I hope having a "front man" as a focal point they can get on with their job.

I'd hope we could make use of our wing backs and push Villa back and finally get some decent crosses in.

Villa have become my 3rd least favourite team so I'm hoping we give them a bit of a spanking tbh

Don't think we are quite realizing how toxic it's gotten at Villa btw, lots if them want Gerrard gone, they hate his 'undroppable' favourites and tactics etc.

Play like we did v Chelsea they won't create anything and we will cause them nightmares on set pieces and on the counter
Usual thing, the longer it goes without Villa scoring the more hostile their crowd will get. With Coady and Tarks in back 3 defence it will be tough for Villa to score.

Usual thing, the longer it goes without Villa scoring the more hostile their crowd will get. With Coady and Tarks in back 3 defence it will be tough for Villa to score.
Looking at their forum they seemed gutted Coadey signed just before they played us, they reckon he's nailed on to score - he scored the winner there last year for Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.