Match Thread Aston Villa vs Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll...

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The worst thing about the performance was that it could’ve been from last season and nothing seemingly has changed. No cutting edge and committing ourselves to be vulnerable at the back, very naive and worrying!(n)

Was that in the games against the top 6 during the end of last season where we had plenty of cutting edge

The team looked flat, disjointed and fractured.

Gomes looked like someone pulled in off the street who had never played football before.

I think there are already problems in that dressing room. Big problems.

Do we bother is that it ? ...It’s a team that badly needs a goal and if we had scored the chances we should have we’d have won

Was that in the games against the top 6 during the end of last season where we had plenty of cutting edge
No, the majority of games we failed to turn up away from home against mediocre opposition. Not doubting the home run at the seasons end when all was done and dusted, but we won’t get anywhere until we can put these sort of games to bed.

You know I'm not really surprised, the reality is we've wasted huge amounts of money on average players, without actually bringing in quality players. Having DCL up front reveals how poor we actually are and Kean is only a young lad. Sadly we only have ourselves to blame, having no real transfer plan has been the problem since Moshiri came in. Buying loads of players that player in the same position, failing to replace Lukaku, not buying another centre back, and another winger has cost us. Buying Williams. Klassen, Snides, Bolaise, Tosun, Sandro, Mina, Walcott and Richarlison plus Sigs have hardly been spectacular. Having a player like Aubamyang, or Lacazette is the difference between us and other top teams.
DCL is crap, he is no better than Anichebe is you look at his scoring record really. How many chances did we have at places like Arsenal, United and other games that cost us. The reality is we're nowhere near challenging the top teams and it will probably be much of the same this season. Until we can bring in top quality players, rather than average players who think they're quality we'll be stuck in this position. I mean we hadn't beaten any of the top six in 2 years until we beat a very average Chelsea, awful Arsenal and Man United. The RS will probably thrash Arsenal tomorrow to ruin the weekend even more.

Genuine questìon: what makes you think he is capable of sorting out this mess?

I think that tonight was one of those games when the players attitude was the problem. Yerry Mina was the only one who looked arsed, although Gomes looked frustrated with his poor display. Richarlison, Siggurdson, DCL and Schneiderlin were all anonymous, and Keane, Coleman and Digne looked flat-footed.

Villa broke up the play at every opportunity, but instead of stepping up the players just moaned.

In contrast, Silva looked agitated and disappointed. I think he will deliver some home truths before the next game. If we play the same next time out I will reconsider, but he didn't look happy to me.

Straight down to the bookies in the morning to get on Silva as first Prem manager to be sacked. Moshiri won't put up with this garbage for long, especially with such a kind fixture start. Lose to Wolves and he’s under pressure already. Keeping on spending but not seeing any improvement is a recipe that gets managers the boot. The team looks horribly disjointed.

If we can just take half of the chances we create, we’ll be alright. Kean will start now. Iwobi perhaps as well? Looked lively with them on, and it should have happened earlier. I don’t normally have issues with Silva’s substitutions, but today I did.

Also, let’s stop sending balls into the box for Bernard. Low percentage outcome there.

Status
Not open for further replies.