Match Thread Aston Villa vs Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll...

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just dont understand why he thinks DCL is at a standard befitting the prem. I know we dont have many options but sure someone else anyone else would have been better.

Sad to say Coleman doesnt look half of what he used to be other than flashes every now and then.

Digne distribution was average at best today.

You know I'm not really surprised, the reality is we've wasted huge amounts of money on average players, without actually bringing in quality players. Having DCL up front reveals how poor we actually are and Kean is only a young lad. Sadly we only have ourselves to blame, having no real transfer plan has been the problem since Moshiri came in. Buying loads of players that player in the same position, failing to replace Lukaku, not buying another centre back, and another winger has cost us. Buying Williams. Klassen, Snides, Bolaise, Tosun, Sandro, Mina, Walcott and Richarlison plus Sigs have hardly been spectacular. Having a player like Aubamyang, or Lacazette is the difference between us and other top teams.
DCL is crap, he is no better than Anichebe is you look at his scoring record really. How many chances did we have at places like Arsenal, United and other games that cost us. The reality is we're nowhere near challenging the top teams and it will probably be much of the same this season. Until we can bring in top quality players, rather than average players who think they're quality we'll be stuck in this position. I mean we hadn't beaten any of the top six in 2 years until we beat a very average Chelsea, awful Arsenal and Man United. The RS will probably thrash Arsenal tomorrow to ruin the weekend even more.
Mate we can not go out and sign someone as good as Lacazette or Aubameyang. The best we can hope for is signing someone like Kean and that player growing to the level of the guys you mentioned.

And 3 games in is way to few to say where we will or will not finish. I still think Chelsea and United are in for difficult seasons so it is too early for doom and gloom imo.

Listen boys we were crap but Friday night lights at Villa park, plus we missed chances, good chances. It’s sh!t but we need to take it on the chin, it’s by no means an inquest needy performance just one of those were we’re unlucky to not grab a point

We lost a game we never should have lost. The reason? Wesley is better than DCL. Thats it. They get one chance and finish it.

Our problem? We get three chances, but they go to DCL, Walcott, and Snides. None of them should be in the league.

Listen boys we were crap but Friday night lights at Villa park, plus we missed chances, good chances. It’s sh!t but we need to take it on the chin, it’s by no means an inquest needy performance just one of those were we’re unlucky to not grab a point
Villa only had 35% possession and didn't have a single corner.

I'm sorry, but not beating them, let alone not scoring is bloody awful.

We have been absolutely pathetic in front of goal consistently since Silva took over. We should have scored twice tonight no question, despite playing pretty dreadful overall.

What annoyed me most though was the complete lack of hunger and aggression from both midfield players. They lost everything header, every challenge, and had no guts in possession. Our recruitment in that area has been rank bad for years and it's killing us away from home because we can't get a foothold in the final third.

Tonight is one game and one game does not a season make. We have two games this week and we can end the month well with 2 wins. But everything about that performance tonight was wrong. The manager needs to work out how he's trying to play away from because I don't think the team have a clue. Equally the senior players at some point need to step up and take responsibility for their own standards. We had only one player who put in an above par performance tonight, and he was a late substitute.

No need to panic but serious lessons to be learned and improvements required. Otherwise we are going to do very poorly again this season.

Funny eh? At the end of transfer deadline day, it was all Silva out, no CB bought disgraceful, Mina is not the answer etc,,,,,, oh and the Iwobi vitriol - written off before he had actually signed. Hmmmmm

And as for DCL, I never want to see that complete waste of space and utter garbage wear the shirt again. He makes Stuart Barlow and Brett Angel look like Messi and Ronaldo!

Status
Not open for further replies.