Match Thread Aston Villa vs Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll...

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton team the last time we met....
Robles, Coleman, Jagielka, Funes Mori, Ovideo, McCarthy, Barry, Lennon, Barkley, Mirallas, Lukaku.

....Aston Villa v Everton, a top flight match between two founder members of the league. I really don’t think sufficient recognition is given to the 12 clubs who this incredible game owes so much to.

If there is a worthy campaign, it’s to recognise the surviving founder members with a permanent and unique insignia on their shirts (in much the same fashion as the European and World Cup ‘stars’).

I'm not concerned about their attack or defence, but they seem to play a midfield three (Grealish, Luiz, McGinn) which doesn't look bad on paper and I still don't quite know how our midfield two (probably Gomes and Gbamin) will do away from home against that.

It'd be nice if they came on to us a bit and we could play on the counter, but I suspect it'll be the other way around and we'll be given the ball, but pressed very hard as soon as we get into their half.

An early goal would be absolutely ideal. I'd hope the fear or a third straight defeat will set in at that point and we can sit back and counter.

Really hope Kean starts, but that Lincoln game is very conveniently placed unfortunately.

....Aston Villa v Everton, a top flight match between two founder members of the league. I really don’t think sufficient recognition is given to the 12 clubs who this incredible game owes so much to.

If there is a worthy campaign, it’s to recognise the surviving founder members with a permanent and unique insignia on their shirts (in much the same fashion as the European and World Cup ‘stars’).
What a great idea that is ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.