Match Thread Aston Villa vs Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll...

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember us playing villa early in the season with the chance of going top and getting hammered 6-2. It was a Sunday live on ITV in 88 or 89.

I remember that game,as I live in brum I went to that and skipped going to school for 3 days as most my mates were villa fans.

Tricky one to call this. While we have two clean sheets, we are paper weight light up front. Looking back to the palace game and considering they got beaten by sheffield united in their following game, perhaps an away point there isn't really that great in hindsight. Expecting a draw in this one. 1-1.

I remember that game,as I live in brum I went to that and skipped going to school for 3 days as most my mates were villa fans.
Ive just watched the highlights after you said this and reply,and standard someone [Gordon Cowans ] scoring there 1st goal of the season v Everton,Bonfire night 1989 game was lol

anyway may as well put game lol
Villa - G Cowans 5', Olney 20', 52', Platt 25', 50', K Nielsen 67'
Everton - Cottee 83', McGrath (og) 85

They really need to start picking up points and they’re at home so I reckon they’ll be coming after us. Need to exploit their terrible full-backs.

Also kick Neil Taylor who will rightfully get boo’d.

Holding onto the ball and making them chase it will probably be a decent tactic, just because they're yet to get any points on the board so they'll probably be pushing hard for a win, which we can use to our advantage

A good solid 0-2 win would do me. Get one in the first half and then get another one in the last 10 minutes or so on the counter

Status
Not open for further replies.