Match Thread Aston Villa v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Villa fan.

Going to try and be as honest as I can.

That was a very weak performance yesterday from your side. You started ok, but once the first goal went in (and tbf it had been coming at that point) there was a really concerning lack of heart from a number of the players almost like they had resigned themselves to it. I thought we looked decent but it's really difficult to judge our performance because it was made too easy for us at times yesterday.

I'll be honest, I've never liked Dyche. He's like a slightly more evolved version of your Allardyce/Pulis kind of manager but I can totally see why you appointed him because frankly, the board don't seem to care about backing him or putting some money on the table to allow him or another manager to put right the things that are wrong so they've gone for the best guy availble who can maybe anti-football out of the situation and to be fair last season it paid off. This season though you, you have lost Coady and Mina and not replaced which has made you miles weaker. Why they didn't sign Coady I'll never know. Keane just can't be trusted, the young kid you've got (Banthwaite?) is not the time and place to be blooding a youngster. The bright side is you only have to be better than 1 other established team because Luton and Sheffield Utd just don't have enough so I think this weeks Wolves game has to be seen in that light...please go and smash them!

Good luck for the rest of the season and try and keep some positivity around the place. It's a long season.

Thank you for your kind words and I have forwarded your honest assessment to the Everton board for their consideration.

Best wishes

maccavennie

The performance was a joke but you know what, for the first time in decades, I wasn't that bothered after the game nor was I when I woke up this morning.

Think I've reached my limit now and done caring any more.

Still going on Saturday mind.
You're right,it's some kind of Everton immunity I think now,there is only so many ways this club can hurt us,granted they keep going to the well and finding another waylolbut it just doesn't hurt as much as it used to:(

I really hope it’s a more attacking mindset from the start vs wolves, they’re not Real Madrid. I’d actually go with a back 3 and bring in branthwaite. Patterson RWB. Young LWB. Garner, Onana, Douc in the middle. Up to then danjuma and maupay.

Depends on your age.

These days I shake off a defeat and resume normal life a couple hours later.

But back when I was young….and I am talking about well into my 40s….I sulked for days.

And after the Glenn Keeley derby I had to take a week off work 😞

Although I am much more sanguine these days, EFC is never far from my thoughts.

Which is why a clean break will never work for me 😊
Well you've lived through the good times so at least you have those memories. Mine are vague enough but these Millennials deserve a medal of bravery.

I really hope it’s a more attacking mindset from the start vs wolves, they’re not Real Madrid. I’d actually go with a back 3 and bring in branthwaite. Patterson RWB. Young LWB. Garner, Onana, Douc in the middle. Up to then danjuma and maupay.

Played a back 3 v Bournemouth and it worked fine.
Dyche immediately threw it in the bin.

The performance was a joke but you know what, for the first time in decades, I wasn't that bothered after the game nor was I when I woke up this morning.

Think I've reached my limit now and done caring any more.

Still going on Saturday mind.

Same mate. Even at half time I had accepted it. Years ago I would have been seething but until Kenwright and Moshiri go there's no point being so emotionally involved

Heartbreaking to see DCL receive so much abuse from some of our 'supporters' despite him trying his utmost to continue.

I have just two questions: Why?
And what will it achieve, other than making us look bad in the media?
Agreed.

It isn't going to make the lad want to break anymore bones for us!

Status
Not open for further replies.