Match Thread Aston Villa v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are probably due an away draw, and that's how I see this finishing.

First goal critical. I don't think a point will be enough here, for me we have to win 3 of the last 4 to get Europe.

Hopefully lessons learned from the recent fixture.

We were up for the West Ham game. My concern is that we don't seem capable of putting back-to-back performances like that together, in terms of attitude and commitment.

Perhaps Doucouré might play a part, and Allan looked much sharper on Sunday as well.
maybe, Brighton, man utd and Burnley our only 3 draws with 11 wins and 3 defeats this season so far
1st goal we have won all away games

Mina will be the biggest miss - I have zero faith in Holgate if he's part of a back 3 against Villa.
Well thats a negative. Point taken FB my mate. Wanna slam me with a positive to level it out? Ah gowan.

I'd go a narrow 4-3-1-2, with James (if fit) with a free license to do James things behind DCL and Richy. Davies and Allan in particular will have to be disciplined to cover for Coleman / Digne when they bomb forward on the flanks.

Pickford
Coleman Holgate Keane Digne
Davies Allan Doucoure
Rodriguez
Richarlison Calvert-Lewin
Agree in general but.....no Godfrey?

@Bullens Rd mate. You were tagging me in posts galore when we were at our worst and it looked like Arsenal were defo leaping over us.

Why the black out now? :(

@Bullens Rd mate. You were tagging me in posts galore when we were at our worst and it looked like Arsenal were defo leaping over us.

Why the black out now? :(
Enjoying the ride my friend. I know if worst comes to the worst I've at least made a fwiend for life. x

Edit - I should add that I still think we're absolutely crap.

Think if we win this well go and win wolves and shrff at home as well and get Europe, don't win this this think we'll finish with a whimper in about 9th place.

Hopefully they've still got no grealish and with our good away form can beat these..hopefully docuoure back as well

jarg time

Picko
Holgate Keane Godfrey
Coleman Doucoure Allan Digne
Sig
DCL Richy
But I could see Carlo doing a diamond again with Doucoure back and rotated in.

Mina will be the biggest miss - I have zero faith in Holgate if he's part of a back 3 against Villa.
I'd prefer Holgate in a back 3 than a repeat of the Holgate/Keane calamity against Spurs.
Plus we don't have any wingers so we need wingbacks for width and you kinda need 3 at the back for that.

jarg time

Picko
Holgate Keane Godfrey
Coleman Doucoure Allan Digne
Sig
DCL Richy
But I could see Carlo doing a diamond again with Doucoure back and rotated in.

I'd prefer Holgate in a back 3 than a repeat of the Holgate/Keane calamity against Spurs.
Plus we don't have any wingers so we need wingbacks for width and you kinda need 3 at the back for that.
Footie manager time. i'd go...
Pickford
Holgate Keane Godfrey
Coleman Digne
Doucoure Allan Davies

DCL Richarlison

Tight midfield, plenty of legs, Coleman and Digne providing width and Allan or Doucoure breaking from the centre with Davies sitting deep. If Grealish plays Coleman could do a man to man job on him like he did against the RS. Dom and Richie up top.

Footie manager time. i'd go...
Pickford
Holgate Keane Godfrey
Coleman Digne
Doucoure Allan Davies

DCL Richarlison

Tight midfield, plenty of legs, Coleman and Digne providing width and Allan or Doucoure breaking from the centre with Davies sitting deep. If Grealish plays Coleman could do a man to man job on him like he did against the RS. Dom and Richie up top.
If James cannot play then Carlo will usually want to start Sigurdsson though I dont see who he drops to accomodate him. Maybe Siggurdsson will start but come off once we score (inevitably)

Status
Not open for further replies.