Match Thread Aston Villa v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Compared to a fair few games, I didn't think the 2nd half was to bad, but seems I'm in the minority. Not saying it was great, just not as bad as some of the performances this season. What is a harsh reality check is everyone is slating Arsenal this season, and Everton are only 1 point above them.
Yeah. I’d say we played better than we did against Arsenal - it’s not a high bar though - we have been dreadful for large chunks of the season.

Don't think Richarlison an DCL make a good partnership , good players but don't link up well enough, they definitely need Rodriquez with them, because we don't create enough. Right winger and right fullback priorities for us next season.
You’re not wrong...the way they play together it seems they hate each other

You look at the likes of Keane, Gylfi, Holgate and Richarlison all scared to take the step up to a European team absolute pathetic lumps the lot of them. They all gladly take the wages of a player playing in Europe but once it is there in front of them to take it they hide. Sooner we get rid of losers like this the better honestly. Many players in the squad deserve better, Godfrey, Dom, Allan and Doucoure will all be winners at this club I feel it and you can see the effort they give, they're just grouped with dross. Without Mina and James this team goes down a lot in character and willingness to fight in my opinion.

Also on a side note how bad is Ross Barkley? Stunk the place out again tonight and won't get another chance at a mid-table club, defo be on loan to Norwich or Watford next season.

Don't think Richarlison an DCL make a good partnership , good players but don't link up well enough, they definitely need Rodriquez with them, because we don't create enough. Right winger and right fullback priorities for us next season.

We could maybe try coaching them and getting them to work on link ups and interplay to help them become a good partnership.

For Carlo this was probably a 'don't lose under any circumstances' game. And we didn't. it would have been great to sneak one at the end but it didn't happen. Seeing that performance I feel even more sorry for Davies who should have played instead of the Icelandic Ghost and would at least have given it a go. Gomes was better than Gylfi when he came on and that's saying something. Iwobi is the no-impact sub, why not King?

....can’t argue with much of that, although Iwobi wasn’t too bad & i doubt King would’ve replaced Coleman.

i wouldn’t have minded King coming on for either of the front 2 as he looks desperate to score at West Ham.

Status
Not open for further replies.