Match Thread Aston Villa v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Grealish being back is a blow, but it should still be an even enough game.

Bit worried that they'll have a striker who hasn't scored in ages on the pitch, though.

I'd go a narrow 4-3-1-2, with James (if fit) with a free license to do James things behind DCL and Richy. Davies and Allan in particular will have to be disciplined to cover for Coleman / Digne when they bomb forward on the flanks.

Pickford
Coleman Holgate Keane Digne
Davies Allan Doucoure
Rodriguez
Richarlison Calvert-Lewin

OK, so instead......

Pickford
Coleman Godfrey Keane Digne
Davies Allan Doucoure
Sigurdsson
Richarlison Calvert-Lewin

If they're on song, this team should have enough in it to beat Villa.

Grealish being back is a blow, but it should still be an even enough game.

Bit worried that they'll have a striker who hasn't scored in ages on the pitch, though.

Grealish probably won't start, and Keinan Davis, who'll likely replace Watkins, scored only a fortnight OK vs. West Brom, if that puts your mind at ease

Screenshot_20210513-100551.jpg

As if it wasn't enough of a 'must win' already, Arsenal beating Chelsea last night has raised the stakes even more.

As if it wasn't enough of a 'must win' already, Arsenal beating Chelsea last night has raised the stakes even more.
I'm not sure that's the case. I see Arsenal finishing 8th or 9th. They might beat us to 8th but that doesn't get Europe anyway.

Another away win would be insane, to win 12 away in a season is so unexpected.
Home and away form has totally flipped around.
This is a massive game, they simply must set up like they did at the pit and at West Ham at weekend.

Pickford

Coleman - Keane - Godfrey - Digne

Doucoure
- Davies --- Allan

Sigurdsson ----------- Richarlison

DCL

Reckon that'll be it. Either that or he may start with a back 5, in which case Holgate will come into RCB and Sig would drop to the bench. Coleman & Digne would move up and become wing backs.

I think 4-2-3-1 tonight.

Keep the defence simple with Mina out, I prefer Coleman to Holgate.

Plus with Doucoure back, we can use him in an advanced role with Sigurdsson and Richarlison.

Davies and Allan to keep their places.

Pickford
Coleman - Godfrey - Keane - Digne
Allan - Davies
Sigurdsson - Doucoure - Richarlison
DCL

UTFB
In Carlo, We Trust

Status
Not open for further replies.