Aston Villa 1-3 Everton. 25th August @ 15.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howard
Hibbert - Heitinga - Jaglielka - Baines
Gibson - Fellaini
Marillas ------------- Pienaar
Osman
Jelavic​

I think the team will be that, all Villas threat will come from Bent, so I think Moyes will go for a fluid attacking system and look to feed Jelavic, rather than the find the big man route taken last game.

I think Distin and Neville will be "rotated". Pienaar and Marillas will switch wings on the REGS!

I can't recall ever being optimistic about Everton under Moyes, never can rely on him to not shock.

I expect a follow up to our world shattering defeat of UTD with a meek roll over to a dreadful defeat to villa.

Howard
Hibbert - Heitinga - Jaglielka - Baines
Gibson - Fellaini
Marillas ------------- Pienaar
Osman
Jelavic​

I think the team will be that, all Villas threat will come from Bent, so I think Moyes will go for a fluid attacking system and look to feed Jelavic, rather than the find the big man route taken last game.

I think Distin and Neville will be "rotated". Pienaar and Marillas will switch wings on the REGS!

No way is he starting Mirallas, surely?

Clearly it will depend how the boy looks in training.

But ive just got this feeling.

That feeling is a perfectly understandable erection triggered by the tantalising prospect of an Everton player who can do step overs.

Doesn't mean he'll start though. Can see it being a good month or longer before he's a first XI player.

Personally I’d have Naismith in for Neville and drop Osman a bit deeper alongside Gibson. Naismith wide right, Pienaar left with Fella supporting Jelavic.

More than likely it’ll be the same team as Utd though. If so, I’d like to see the introduction of Naismith and Mirallas on the hour mark or maybe one of them as early as half time depending how the game’s panning out.

Id suggest possibly Naismith in place of Mirrallas and swap him round with Osman. A sub appearance for Kevin rather than full start, ease him into it.

That feeling is a perfectly understandable erection triggered by the tantalising prospect of an Everton player who can do step overs.

Doesn't mean he'll start though. Can see it being a good month or longer before he's a first XI player.

i reckon he'll make his debut vs Orient in the cup. Not sure when his league debut will be though. could be a while like you say.

I'd go for that team but swap Mirallas for Naismith, who's more settled and in need of bedding in. Give Mirallas 15-20 minutes from the bench. Nothing wrong with a bit of positive rotation, it keeps players on there toes and this is a different game, Villa are light in midfield and we should be able to control the midfield. Having Osman in there gives us more fluidity and we can use Fellaini in different roles.

Status
Not open for further replies.