2021/22 Asmir Begovic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the hand that he gets to a couple of them Pickford saves. Confidence thing with him. He’s got a great record for saving pens in shootouts, especially after the euros.
Maybe you're right, although Jordan Pickford is about four inches shorter than Asmir Begovic so may not have had the reach. Does Pickford have a good penalty record with Everton? I know he's been really good for England. Mind you, he seems to play better for England in general than he does for us.

Don't really mind the not saving the pens tbh, saving a pen is often extraordinary work from the keeper or terrible work from the shooter, I never really expect a keeper to save a pen.

Did think he was a bit statuesque for both of QPR's goals though.

Hopefully Pickford avoids any more injuries and we don't have to worry...

...until Benitez inevitably starts him in the FA Cup 3rd round.

We should have kept Olsen and Joao.

So Pickford - Olsen - Joao it should have been. Both of them would make sure Pickford will perform the best. Now Picky won't even bother cuz Begovic is really shoite.

Maybe you're right, although Jordan Pickford is about four inches shorter than Asmir Begovic so may not have had the reach. Does Pickford have a good penalty record with Everton? I know he's been really good for England. Mind you, he seems to play better for England in general than he does for us.
He’s shorter yes. But he’s more agile.

We should have kept Olsen and Joao.

So Pickford - Olsen - Joao it should have been. Both of them would make sure Pickford will perform the best. Now Picky won't even bother cuz Begovic is really shoite.

…i was never impressed with Virginia whenever I saw him playing for U23s. Begovic is past his sell-by date but I’d have him over Virginia every time, he’s elsewhere for a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.