2021/22 Asmir Begovic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having been stood right behind the goal last night I didn't think at the time that Begovic stood any chance with any of the penalties. Having looked at them all today I still think he didn't.

Having been stood right behind the goal last night I didn't think at the time that Begovic stood any chance with any of the penalties. Having looked at them all today I still think he didn't.
I watched the game for the first time yesterday and I don't think you could expect him to save any of them. David de Gea hadn't saved his previous 40 penalties before saving one on Sunday, and you wouldn't mind him as your backup goalie.

Can't say i agree with the comments that this fella is as bad as people are saying he is. Suppose he's the next whipping boy between the sticks come back Jordan all is forgiven we need you back so we can throw some vitriol your way as well. I admit he's not world class (not even close) but a bit of perspective would be nice, who are we going to get as back up? He fitted the bill that's why he's here. As has been said he had no chance with any of the pens the other night as none of their players decided to side foot the ball meekly along the ground within reach of a falling over keeper like one of ours did.

I watched the game for the first time yesterday and I don't think you could expect him to save any of them. David de Gea hadn't saved his previous 40 penalties before saving one on Sunday, and you wouldn't mind him as your backup goalie.
Some of them where good pens but I think Pickford saves 2/3 of them

One of them from the original 5 he got paper hands to it and it managed to squirm in

Could have managed better with the two goals by Austin.

Status
Not open for further replies.