2023/24 Ashley Young

We have a 22 year old as well…It was realized, just maybe not the right player to bring in
Patterson is far from perfect and will make mistakes, but he's got to be better than Young.

He's athletic and may improve. Young is struggling and almost certainly playing his last season in the Prem.

It's a no brainer for me.

Needs to stick to acting, he was good in Bosch lol
1701252321932.png
1701252454720.png

He was a good wing back, a very good wing back. He was never a good full back , but, he did have pace, which often bailed him out when he made mistakes. He has no pace now and more importantly for us, no real defending nous. He is a walking yellow card because just about everyone he plays against these days can leave him for dead in a foot race.

If Dyche continues to play him we are well and truly Donald Ducked this season, Dyche seems to have blind faith in certain players, see Keane last season as an example. Let's just hope he cops himself on a little more quickly this time and accepts that Young should never be more than a third choice right back, behind Coleman and Patterson.
The thing is that he was a very good wing back who never defended - he started off and was a winger for like a decade or more, then got moved back when United didn't have anyone else to put there and then his legs went a bit. He's basically learning to be a right back now, which is fantastic for a 40000 year old, he'll definitely learn fast.

Patterson is far from perfect and will make mistakes, but he's got to be better than Young.

He's athletic and may improve. Young is struggling and almost certainly playing his last season in the Prem.

It's a no brainer for me.
Oh yes, totally agree. Was just responding to the comment that seemed to indicate we only had a 38 and 34 year old for that position. While I don’t think Patterson is a particularly good defender, he’s at least got legs that won’t put him 2 steps behind before a ball is kicked.