2023/24 Ashley Young

Patterson was excellent in the derby last year when he was up against Diaz.

Young had had an ok game vs Bournemouth who didn’t nothing in attack virtually all game. I’m having more nightmares about him up against Diaz to be honest with you.

If it was me, I'd have stuck with Patterson all season as at least he is young and can improve. Just trying to put myself in the manager's head a little bit. But yeah, I think sooner or later, teams targeting Young will bite us.

The Moneyball stats-heavy approach, that kind of voodoo always has to be taken with a grain of salt, but it certainly tells the same story as the eye-test here:

1697198796313.png

He's 6.48 and mykolenko is 7.04.

I think it's probably fair to say these are the worst full back options that the club has had since the pre Moyes days
To be fair, none of our squad looked good according to those ratings. Think Myko was like 3rd best wasn’t he?

The Moneyball stats-heavy approach, that kind of voodoo always has to be taken with a grain of salt, but it certainly tells the same story as the eye-test here:

View attachment 231256
To be fair, these kind of stat-displays are totally dependent on if the person watching has had a good day before the match. I've read match reports of the same game from multiple sources & the scores for each player differ greatly.