2023/24 Ashley Young

For all the comments about me only wanting us to go for young players, I was pretty positive about this signing.

I'd expected him to start the season with Myko out and given his experience help Branthwaite. Then move to the bench when Myko was fit

In the end branthwaite didnt start the season and Young is still somehow in the team while being the worst defender each match.

Hes been poor in both full back positions now...he is shocking at free kicks too.

Confused why Dyche signed him if hes not just there for experience off the bench and helping Dyche/Patterson and Dobbin etc

Strange signing.

The one thing that came to me with Young at right back, was how much of the basic issues must lie with Dyche.

Young may not have the legs anymore but he’s an experienced wing back, for him to look out of position and poor, despite the massive amount of experience he has, has to be on Dyche and how he is coaching these players and setting them up.

Absolutely finished at this level, on the right Patterson is better, on the left Mykolenko is better. He was a good player, but, at his age, there is no way he should be starting every week as a full back in a premier league team. I don't rate Patterson or Mykolenko too highly, but, they have to be a better bet than starting Young.