Ashley Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be a little different/difficult for him coming into our team without him being a captain now and the officially designated leader, especially when our captain plays in his position too.

Reckon him and Jagielka could play together efficiently, or will he become the new leader?

Great transfer for us hopefully a more vocal presence at the back which we lacked last season. If we did get him for 9 million there is not much better you can get out there for that price

He seems like a good choice for Captain, but how would Jags and other players take it? We could do with a lot of that Welsh team spirit though! Amazing signing.

I think he will start at the weekend and I wouldn't be surprised if he got captains armband straight away but who would he pair up with Funes Mori or Jagielka?

We got 3 years from Stones and will get the same from Williams.

As much as I didn't like it at first, Williams will command our back four and could be captain. He is currently better at what we need than Stones and we are £40 Million up.

No complaints.

I think he will start at the weekend and I wouldn't be surprised if he got captains armband straight away but who would he pair up with Funes Mori or Jagielka?

I'd say Funes Mori as Jags just hasn't had the preseason game time. I'm really hoping he steps up this year, given its his second premiership year and he's also off the back of a good COPA America!

We can then throw in a third CB depending on who we're playing. Could be a good partnership Williams and Funes Mori

I have a good feeling about this one.

Proper defender, top flight experience, international captain. He is also that thing we all love a (comparative) bargain, relatively speaking. This bodes well, I feel.

Even his introductory video was a mickey-take. I hope the snide is strong in this one.

Watched it in the middle of the night, didnt come across as a 'mickey take'?

Status
Not open for further replies.