Ashley Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes mate, 15m doesn't faze me for a player who we would get 3 quality seasons from. Everyone thought paying 5m for Distin was a lot at the time and he was a brilliant buy and I could see Williams being a similar type of buy.

"Everyone" ?

I thought it was a great buy at the time and the money was fine based upon our Lescott money being insane.

Yes he is an adquate stop gap no doubt but come rather a steep one. £10m-£12m for a 32 years old with no resale value. A 31/32 years old Jags was in his prime and had much less injury. Williams will do the job surely but I also hope we can sign another younger CB at the sametime.
Resale value is way overrated. We want to win stuff.

Well wenger didn't sound like he was rushing in to get him

In fairness Kev I doubt he'd just come out and say that?

But, as I said last night the signs are that - at least from the Swansea side - this deal is nearing its completion. It may already be done like @Tyler Flanagan and @Tubey said the other day, but I can't say that for sure as I don't know. The latest info I had was that the fee had been agreed upon and with Williams having been happy to join us a deal was likely.

That information could have been brand new yesterday, or it could have been a few days old and my colleague/his source had only just received it.

Well that's great because I have no idea who you are anyway.

But I know from this you're a nothing poster anyway so who cares:

Waste of money.

Why not try reading the lads post before insulting him Damo, he wasn't talking about you and was talking about a koppite WUm poster.

But yeah would take 5 seconds reading his post to realise that before insulting him wouldn't it

Why not try reading the lads post before insulting him Damo, he wasn't talking about you and was talking about a koppite WUm poster.

But yeah would take 5 seconds reading his post to realise that before insulting him wouldn't it

Mate, Bourne just came out.... its like putting water on a Gremlin.

Resale value is way overrated. We want to win stuff.

I have no problem in signing Williams at all just think his price will be steep given his age. He does not need time to adjust plus he is a proven PL defender. However, some fan sound out like we are signing Maldini, some kind of saviour of our weak defence under Martinez, which I do not share the same opinion.

We need to buy 6/7 top players to win things. For me Williams is a stop gap as Stones is going.

Status
Not open for further replies.