2018/19 Ashley Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got old i reckon. Either that or a reverse Samson effect where Ashley got worse as his hair grew longer.

A strange one as I thought he was s bargain when we got him and Swansea didnt exactly play ultra compact defensive football. Its probably one of them cases where a team and player just dont fit.

They signed Charlie Adam. Their medical can't be that difficult.

abcsmi0o4p.gif

Looks as though one part of the unholy centreback trinity is gone. How good is it knowing we won’t see him in a blue shirt ever again.

When we signed him we were only gonna get 2 years out of him at best and 10m (???) seemed ok, but we were never getting resale value on him.

Did a job in his first season and we were more solid at the back.

Utterly abysmal last year in terms of performance and attitude. If he gets off the wage bill in the last year of his contract that’s a great result.

When we signed him we were only gonna get 2 years out of him at best and 10m (???) seemed ok, but we were never getting resale value on him.

Did a job in his first season and we were more solid at the back.

Utterly abysmal last year in terms of performance and attitude. If he gets off the wage bill in the last year of his contract that’s a great result.
I agree. His agent obviously worked very hard to strike a deal leading to a 3 year contract. At the time we needed someone in, so just went with it.
It was always on the cards he would drift off with no fee involved. Fair enough as we'll be better off for it (hopefully!).

Status
Not open for further replies.