article in the mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reidy's Bottle Of Grecian

The Unobstructed View
just saw this out of todays mail, your caption writers are [Poor language removed] by the way daily mail, yellow peril my arse. hi name is

NEON LEON !!

article-1043514-023D270700000578-248_468x58.jpg

HATCHET MAN: Grow up David Moyes - you're manager at little old Everton, be thankful they're not the new Leeds

By Hatchet Man
Last updated at 10:11 AM on 25th August 2008
article-0-026521BC00000578-679_233x467.jpg
Making a fist of it: David Moyes

What is David Moyes up to?

After guiding Everton to fifth place last season the manager has become involved in a disgraceful political game which has left the club teetering on the edge of disaster.

Moyes is out of contract next summer and, despite making all the right noises, somehow he has not found the time to sign the new deal which is on the table. Now he claims to be too busy.

He clearly expected to have been given a large transfer fund to help the club push on, but it has not been forthcoming and his reaction has been to try to paint himself as the victim.

In his soft Scots burr, he has been whingeing about the need for seven more players, running to Everton fans to celebrate their win at, of all teams, West Brom, and generally throwing his toys out of the pram.

Then Moyes outrageously pretends it is him 'letting the players down' in an attempt to win the PR battle.

Did he not read the brochure when he joined the club six years ago? It is a long time since the club were at the top of the tree in English football and now they simply don't have the money to compete.

More...

Fifth is about as good as it gets unless Bill Kenwright can find the new investors he is looking for and, with a new ground on the horizon, the chances of money flooding into the transfer fund will only get slimmer. Look at Arsenal.

Scroll down for more

article-0-0264D65700000578-29_468x461.jpg

Yellow peril: Everton's Leon Osman (left) battles with West Brom striker Roman Bednar at the Hawthorns on Saturday
Potential signings can smell the stagnation, that is why they are not joining. Tiago chose to sit in the Juventus reserves rather than move to Goodison Park.

But what is the alternative - turn Everton into the next Leeds United-style disaster?

The club may not have none done themselves many favours, losing their chief executive and and banking the £10.5million they got for Andy Johnson, but Moyes should grow up.

If the club are not ambitious enough for him, move on. Don't try to secure an escape route by claiming you have been cornered.

honestly we are ripe for sensationalist stories to shift papers.

although the daily mail! horrible paper!

tbh i don't really get that article.

it says moyes is throwing his toys out of the pram... by blaming himself??

and why are leeds even mentioned in an article about a team not buying anybody?

it will be great when we get the players in this week and everyone, papers and supporters, gets off our back.

I dont agree with the article. I think the nobber that wrote it has arrived at the wrong conclusions. Nothing new that though for the mail. Worst paper in circulation.

And once again the Daily Hate Mail does a fantastic job of reminding me why I don't read it.

I would like to punch this hatchet man in the face.

I wouldn't get too wound up, this **** clearly writes the most controversial drivel he can come up with just to sell papers. If he just repeated what everyone else said no-one would care and he'd be in danger of upgrading the mails reputation.

I'm still looking for the factual commentary within that article.

I'll let you know when I find some.

Don't understand this Mail article at all.

Where is the bit about Immigrants moving in and taking all our money and women and ruining our nhs and bringing houseprices down and being responsible for the death of our lovely queen of hearts princess Diana?

sure its a mail article?

Status
Not open for further replies.