Arteta to Valencia rumour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Date of birth 26 March 1982 (1982-03-26) (age 29)

Laughing at all the clowns saying "Hes getting on, sell him".

Bunch of kopites.

THIS ^ ^

What the hell's wrong with some people. Arteta makes the Mout look like Scott Gemmill ffs.

First time poster so take it easy guys.

I dont really see the issue with people advocating selling Arteta. We can all admit he did not have a great season last year by any means and he is now the wrong side of 30. A club like ours need to develop younger players and sell at a premium to allow us to carry on improving our squad. Ok its not ideal but our current financial situation dictates the route we go down i am afraid.

If we could possibly get 8 - 10 million for him, then i would trust Moyes to find a younger midfielder with the ability to learn his trade and become a top notch premiership player. Coupled with teh sales of Yak, Yobo, Vaughan, Billy and we could seriously strengthen the spine of our team for a good few years.

Just my opinion like...

Arteta is class,yeah he was poor last season but he will be back next season we have to keep him.
Get rid of yobo,the yak and bottleless bily.

We get irate quickly enough if one of our players keeps an eye out for 'furthering of career' elsewhere. We accuse them of 'disloyalty' and 'disrespect' (amongst other things).

Yet we as fans are the first to throw players out to 'further the prospects of the club'. I am sure over the years Arteta has had many opportunities to jump ship for sides who played in Europe every season. He has clearly chosen to stay. Why? He must love it here.

Maybe Rodwell loves it at Everton too. Let's try to be a bit more loyal to those of our boys who have been loyal to us for many years.

You may argue that there's no room for sentiment in football, which is fair enough, but that goes both ways, does it not?

I'm not advocating a sale or anything, I was more throwing it out there if people would be willing to sell Arteta, and at what price you'd think it feasible. For me he is a true blue hero, but with all the talk on sell-to-buy I think the money could be very well spent, assuming we got enough. We've got enough cover centrally and a sale would maybe push Rodwell on.

Regardless of emotional attachments I'd think it'd 'sound business' to let him go for 8-10 mil. But I wouldn't sell him on unless he himself had asked for the transfer..

Arteta hasnt done the business for a while now. He's getting on a bit and it makes sense to cash in now if we can get a stupid offer from somewhere.

He is massively overrated by many. His set pieces are awful and he contributes very little in the way of decisive passing or goal scoring.

Football is such a fickle world.

Give him a good pre season and he will still be the best passer/set-piece/creative player we have. He had a injury that not so long ago players wouldnt come back from at all. I'd like to keep hold of him but can certainly understand Valenica's interest (I suppose he always thought he would go back to Spain) & he still has hopes of getting into the Spanish side I'm sure.

I like Arteta but he did not have a good season so although I would like him stay he is on a long contract so we may get a decent amount for him. At the end of the day if a player wants to go then I see no point in keeping him.

Status
Not open for further replies.