Arteta on Spain and Transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris

a whole wheel of cheese?
http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/8350032/Arteta-still-dreams-of-Spain-call

Everton midfielder Mikel Arteta hopes this will be the year he is called up for the Spanish national team.

Arteta has missed out on an international call-up so far, and had to watch his compatriots win the Euro 2008 without him.

The 26-year-old playmaker said: "It's still my ambition to play for Spain.

"I want to see if I can get in this season and hopefully get to the level I want. The scouts and coaches do watch Everton.

"Everton haven't got as many games on Spanish TV as the top four but now they're going to change that around."

Arteta added: "It's going to be a hard season because of expectations but we've got a very good team and I think we're going to get two or three more players as well.

"We're going to make it stronger. We know how important the league is going to be and we've got Europe as well which is great. We'll see what happens."

Hopefully he will get his Spanish call up. He's not good enough for the first eleven but he's good enough to atleast win a few caps and be around a few squads. Consistnency is key though for him and hopefully he'll stay clear of injuries.

I think next season is a big season for Arteta. Hopefully he can prove wrong alot of stupid fans who have called for him to be sold. I'm sure he will.

I think next season is a big season for Arteta. Hopefully he can prove wrong alot of stupid fans who have called for him to be sold. I'm sure he will.

Spot on TB. I think this will be a whole new Arteta we'll see. He really does have a point to prove to himself, and I get the impression that he thinks this will be his season for being recognised at international level (although what a year to try and break in to their squad!). To be recognised he has to try his best. Going to be a cracker from him at any rate I'll bet.

Yeah or according to Phil Neville, Tim Cahill, Andy VDM and Vaughan back will be like having three new players (FFS)

They will all appear with their shirts like new signings, trying to fool us all.

Believe it or not, on his top form, I actually think Arteta is easily good enough to be in Spain's starting eleven.

Yeah or according to Phil Neville, Tim Cahill, Andy VDM and Vaughan back will be like having three new players (FFS)

They will all appear with their shirts like new signings, trying to fool us all.

***Slashes wrists, and dreams up new ways to top myself***

Also it's nice to know we will get a little more air time in Spain. Who knows we could claim a following that could follow Mikel and show how good a club we are. Nothing like exposure to fatten the bottom line.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.